Has Flipsky gotten better? One side dead, check wiring!

I’m running the big 6.6 and its doing great

2 Likes

I got 3km out of my dual 6.6. Quality product :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I had duals burn up on my board, but my buddies board has been solid for 10 months of the hardest street riding you can do. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@KfromtheBay

1 Like

Single 6.6 running strong after 200 km!

Polls are still open, data still relevant

2 Likes

I had a 6.6 dual mini go bad, still fighting for replacement. After I paid to send it back to China…

2 Likes

It’s a lottery combined with bad customer service so no

4 Likes

Thanks for all the opinions guys! It seems that products that they completely build from the ground up ie remotes are gonna be better than the mass produced chineseum stuff.

Its all mass produced chinesium. Maybe some just better produced than others. Buy at own risk

I had a Vx1 reciever go bad. I ordered 2 recievers one for a spare, it took awhile.
Haven’t bothered to reinstall it to use my Vx1. My Nano has been very reliable.

2 Likes

Even their remotes suck

1 Like

Worst customer service ever. Beware!
I will never buy again from them.

6 Likes

I bought a 4.2 dual from them. One side just gave out for no reason while I was riding, after only 20 miles. Their customer service sucks ass, and now I need to send it all the way back to china just for them to confirm it’s dead. And I have to pay shipping too. It’s been a month I’ve been out of my board now, just stay away. US based support is worth a ton. If you do go flipsky, don’t get a dual board- that way you can run 1/2 vecs if one dies

Their motors are starting to make weird sounds and the vx1 just loses connection in the cold. I would go torqueboards, if I had to do this all again

P.S. does anyone know if I have grounds for a chargeback? Im really sick of them, I just want my money back so I can buy some decent VESCs from the US or a unity and get my board working again

2 Likes

Im attempting a charge back, but it’s not looking very good. Ive been strung along for months. They keep claiming they haven’t received the bad esc. It was shipped a month ago with tracking.

1 Like

many credit cards offer an extended warranty on stuff you purchase with that card. Maybe worth a shot? I’ve gotten a pro-rated credit on a smartphone during the extension period.

1 Like

May be worth giving a try, thanks. I’ll try that!

…It was the Unity drought of 2019…
I was left in a barren wasteland having everything I needed to get my board on the road, with one exception. The only thing missing, was an ESC. Space was tight, timing wasn’t right. My only option, was Flipsky. I had high hopes for the FSESC Dual. So I ordered one and slapped it in. First problem, ran into some real funkiness when trying to program FOC. Just figured it was me that had messed something up but after numerous attempts I ended up going BLDC. Next problem, garbage integrated antispark push-switch. If you look at it funny it will de-latch and make your ride that much more exciting with every occurrence. Fixed by hard-wiring and using XT-90s loopkey. Inaccurate voltage gauging from ESC causing jumping around and swings of 0.3-1v on readout. Performance? Don’t use it for that. I’ve had an increasing amount of overheating events with this controller. I’m sure it’s my own doing as I’m running 220kv motors with pretty tall gearing. But just because it says it can handle a certain amount of amps, that doesn’t mean that it will.

In short, the savings under Unity just isn’t worth the additional hassle and lack of performance

Who the FSESC would be good for?
Somebody that can afford to lose a couple hundred bucks at the possibility of saving a hundred bucks.
Somebody that doesn’t require much performance out of their ESC (flat riding or sub 35mph)
Somebody that doesn’t mind Flipsky nuances

10 Likes

I have used two Dual FSESC 6.6. Mountainboards. FOC. 12S. One of them feeds two APS 80100 and provides amazing power without any heat.

No problem so far.

Il bought two anothers for a 4WD mountainboard and two Dual FSESC6.6 Mini Size for a AWD Hummie longboard.

Yet, I would never take any VESC based ESC with integrated anti-spark.

4 Likes

Fuck! Today half part (master one) of my first Dual FSESC 6.6 stopped working after a jump…

Only blue light no great light…

No burning mark… I don’t know what happened :scream:

(EDITED : better picture)

7 Likes