HaggyDrive or Torqueboards AT belt drive?

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on my AT cruiser build but I am having a bit of trouble choosing between these 2 good looking belt drives.

First up is the TorqueBoards drive which comes with 160mm AT wheels and is shipped from the USA.

Next is the one and only HaggyDrive which ships from Taiwan. I like that this is a bit more discrete looking and doesn’t come covered with the brand name like the TB drive. However, this does have 10mm smaller wheels.

Both of these seem very similar and use 6374 190KV motors. I will be running the motors on 12s with a version 6.6 VESC . Which setup would you go with? I know people like the Haggy, but it ships from China so I’m worried it will take forever to come. Would that be the case?

Hit up @haggyboard.timo to see how long shipping would take

1 Like

I think Timo is from Taiwan. He uses ems tracking. Fast shipping

4 Likes

I really like my haggys, I prefer them over sixshooters. No experience with TB wheels. Although I heard the first batch was a little wobbly

3 Likes

Haggy no contest

8 Likes

I’d go haggyboards Herringbone drives.

Shipping will be fast. Has been less than a week on two of my orders to the Netherlands.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you all for the help. It looks like I’m buying a HaggieDrive.

1 Like

haggys kahua trucks are also very high quality

2 Likes

Yeah, those look really nice, although I’m not sure I can justify another $200 on this build. I’ll keep those in mind though.

One more thing, should I get the flipsky 6.6 or the flipsky 4 for the HaggyDrive? Is the 6.6 worth the extra $100? I’m leaning towards yes but would also love to save the $$.

I can only vouch for escapes, VESC 6, or focboxes.
I am using all three of those, well I upgraded focboxes to escapes, and to VESC 6, and will be using the focboxes again on my emtb build.

Personally I don’t trust any others after my flipsky 4.20 dual test.

Also there is no such thing as a VESC 6.6 or VESC 4. Only trampa actually sells a VESC 6

1 Like

He’s probably thinking flipsky 6.6

1 Like

the haggy kit you linked has those trucks INCLUDED :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stuff from him gets to the US in less than a week.

Not on your list, but I would recommend @3DServisas trucks and gear drives with Bergmeister wheels. :yum:

1 Like

Haggy all the way. Excellent gear and customer service that is second to none. Timo answered all my emails within hours and shipped very quickly

EMS ships to the US pretty damn fast, usually arrives to your doorstep within a week from delivery.

4 Likes

Timo ships from Taiwan and not from China. Shipping is really quick from my experience. Both torqueboard and Haggy have top notch customer service. Can’t go wrong with either.

Flipsky seems to be hit and miss. Had folks whole use them and love them but heard plenty of random failures. Customer service isn’t the best when things do go south.

2 Likes

Hi guys:
long time abstinence from the forum. I am now back…to all those who were waiting for replies: my apologies.
ask me all the questions you have,
best
Timo

7 Likes