Haero build 14s

Been riding boards for a few years that were prebuilt. Evolves, Bajaboard’s, trampas mainly

Thought I’d give diy a go, took me ages to decide on a deck and eventually went with the bro 96.

Trampa infinity trucks with barrels.

Flipsky 6374 170kv from the group buy.

Stormcore 100d

Tattu 22ah batteries to make a 14s

Trampa phatladz on 9’s

Moon drives 11t (messed up my calculation, top speed is too high for what I wanted😂)

Waiting on wiring and xt90’s from hobbyking, the delay is unreal.

Still need to make enclousures, working with a cnc company but it’s difficult because it’s all through messages, they won’t allow non workers to visit due to covid.

15 Likes

Need to chop down the phase wires and stupidly long sensor cables, vesc enclousure will be at the top, I want to keep the enclosure size to a minimum

2 Likes

What stormcore enclosure are you going to use? The @ApexBoards looks to be a nice bit.

2 Likes

I spoke to Lee, out of stock and the new one will be about a month away, I’m speaking to a company right now to cnc one for me

2 Likes

I was confused for a few seconds thinking why are the wheels square :joy:

7 Likes

Not easy soldering 8awg to an xt90, can’t feel my finger tips :joy:

Lipos came with 8 awg, xt90 cap has to stay off unfortunately

2 Likes

I think you can defintly squeeze that cap on

6 Likes

I got the cap on the cables but added too much solder to my connectors, I’m using lead free with a small percentage of silver and copper and it’s a ball to work with, needs a lot of heat

1 Like

Ordered a series harness from hobbyking on the 12th, it hasn’t turned up yet so made my own.
I hooked it up to the batteries and the stormcore but couldn’t detect it on the vesc tool, no lights (not sure if there are any)

Do the phase cables need to be plugged in?

I forgot to add the switch too :man_facepalming:t2::joy: give it another shot tomorrow

Ran motor detection today

Nice thing is my wand works through nrf without adding a receiver.

Enclosures left and hopefully this thing is done

Just got a few bits to sort out on my board, mainly postal delays.

Got a question, would I be alright using motors rated to 12s on a 14s setup, I contacted flipsky and they said I could burn out the motors due to the higher voltage, anyone using 12s rated motors on a 14s setup?

They’ll be fine as long as you aren’t running really low gearing and will be maxing out their rpm all the time. Might need more frequent bearing healthchecks / maintenance.

1 Like

I’m running 11/44 4:1 170kv so higher top speed, 50mph weighted according to the calculator.

Good news :joy:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Trampa is 12s 16ah at exactly 20kg (davega, 2 lights added)

Haero is 14s 22ah at 18.1kg

Should be around 19 when I finally get my mbs bindings.

Shows how light the bro deck is

2 Likes

Top to bottom
16.4 kg 21 kg (4x4) 14.65 kg

3 Likes

Show off :joy:

1 Like

I could have got it lighter but the smoothness of the 9’s is a must around where I live,
England has shite roads.

My first build, honestly learnt a lot doing this, next one will try and build my own battery, your haero deck and battery enclosure combo are perfect

1 Like

What’s your favourite board? Guessing the 4x4?