GT2B Thumb control

Hi all, I have been searching for a 3d printed model to modify a GT2B in thumb controller.
Couldn’t find one. Is there some out there.
If not, anyone interested that I make a design and share it here ?

5 Likes

There is the master cho mod but not sure
Where to find it

Check this out:

3 Likes

Again with the irrelevant information. The Master cho mod is still trigger based. As is the Sparkle, MadMunkey, etc.

@ZmasteR there was one or two people that modified the GT2b to be a thumb based remote but I can’t remember off the top of my head who it was specifically or what they called it.

You could try searching on this forum for it, or try searching on the old forum to see if you can find it there.

@BillGordon has a good suggestion for a thumb remote too but that’s based on different hardware. Personally I tried making a Firefly remote and it turned out to be difficult, but I was doing the V1 without the feather modifications. That one is pretty neat for sure but I still think the GT2b is probably a more stable platform.

3 Likes

Sorry didn’t read that he wanted thumb missed out that part
Sorry

@ZmasteR the Baby Buffalo mod is here and has been a go-to for gt2b thumb control.

5 Likes

My bad. At least I learned something. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks guys for all your reply

1 Like

@ZmasteR

Contact @LR-designs, I think he has a thumb wheel mod design for the GT2B

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah yes that’s exactly what I was thinking of.

@BillGordon haha yeah it’s a cool remote though!

2 Likes

Chubby mod is for the mini remote

Yeah I do, I designed it couple years ago but never made it public. I just put on thingieverse now.

It was designed to be printed on resin printer so it may be a bit challenging to print on FDM, flat surfaces are limited. Also it has two options for the thumb stick with different size bearings, I prefer to use 6900, which has 10mm ID, this gives a bit more wall thickness to the bearing seat.

The design was inspired by the buffalo remote but I wanted it to be slimmer and more ergonomic.

5 Likes

I have been trying to dig up some photos of the mod. Some other things to mention is you can use screws from the GT2B for the mod. The power switch though requires some really small screws.

Also the pcb may require a small amount of trimming shown with red line below.

4 Likes

@LR-designs Yeah thanks for sharing mate, nice work you’ve done there