Do you have a pic of the old DV4?

1 Like

Not really, it’s inside a board right now and doesn’t have a heatsink lol

It didn’t come with one back then to be fair

1 Like

Hmm that’s interesting. I’m glad it has one now though

Actually I did have a pic in the build thread

1 Like

Hmm its completely different too. Hopefully from here on out every vesc will come with a heatsink.

1 Like

Update on the DV6:

I’ve noticed that when the MOFSET temperature is low, my board would hit very high speed. And since I did have my settings to 85°c temperature slow down start, why does it slow down at 75°c? I noticed that when I was having a race against an electric bike with my board.

My board would leave that bike in the dust, but after 75°c mosfet temperature, it slows down dramatically. Is there a setting to change so this can hit the 85° cutoff start or is this something I’m only getting from the esc?

Edited: I think it’s the temperature sensor from the motors. But the last time I checked, it didn’t work. I’ll edit this if it’s the motor…

You could try setting your motor temp limit to something really high and see

2 Likes

Hi!

Can Go-FOC DV6 handle the AS5047 encoder?
I can’t find a connector on it that supports sensors.

All VESCs support some absolute encoders, you may have to remove and bridge some snubbing resistors on the hall sensing circuit but otherwise you connect them the same you would hall sensors via channel A/B/I and either 5v or 3.3v and ground. Interference is known to be a problem with both hall sensors and encoders so shielded wire would do you some good here.

Thanks! I will try based on the VESC6 schema.

1 Like

I thought I’d ask here as I’m getting no response via email.
My faulty DV6 was supposed to be being sent back but the address given seems to be an invalid address.
Anyone else has any joy sending one of these back?

Still have mine since day one. Sad to hear it’s an issue sending one back for repairs.

Yeah, I got an email and he sent an address but the address isn’t recognised by any shipping company or Google.

1 Like

I’ve sent a Mini FOC plus back for repair and had it returned. Not tested it to see if it’s actually fixed though. I hope so haha. I’ll PM u address I have.

2 Likes

Hmmm I do recall having an issue when I sent back my broken go-foc

The address was like too long or something… I can’t remember, would need to dig it out of my records

What was the issue you’re having? Which part wasn’t recognized

2 Likes

The PRO version launched !Higher current and lower heat generation.

14 Likes

Link: Go-FOC DV6 3-12S Dual drive ESC for electric Skateboard Base On VESC6 - MakerX

Price - $300

saved those who are interested a minute :+1:

6 Likes

Maximum current increased to 180A single side.
The heat will be reduced by 40%.