Go-FOC D100 / D75 / D60

Maybe usb connect to each side and see if can is enabled

3 Likes

Yeah I was gonna suggest this, and then a reflash

I still need to ride mine ngl

Now back in stock

4 Likes

The first batch of D75 users, if you want to change to D75 or D100 or D60 based on 100250, I can replace it for you for free, contact me

10 Likes

For the first batch of D75 users, it is recommended to turn off the phase filter to improve stability

3 Likes

As I understand it, you can accurately estimate large output currents by measuring the voltage drop across the power MOSFETs. When theyā€™re turned on they have a small resistance, so the voltage drop across the FET is proportional to the current passing through it. This is plenty good for the current control loop in VESC, but itā€™s not perfect. FET resistance isnā€™t perfectly linear with current and doesnā€™t have very high stability against temperature.

Phase shunts are necessary to precisely measure the output current as itā€™s really happening because a shunt resistorā€™s only job is to be linear, stable, and precise. Phase filters are (I think) the circuit used to clean up this small voltage drop and measure it accurately. This gives real world feedback thatā€™s accurate enough to show the motor response to not just high power currents but also small signals like HFI. A motor in position X will have a slightly different response to a small and very fast (high frequency) current, measuring this accurately gets you good positional info.

So I think VESC doesnā€™t use these measurements for anything other than advanced techniques like HFI. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re really cool to have, but also why old hardware without a current shunt (and related filtering and ADC) on each phase can still function well. As usual, pinch of salt, not 100% sure here

8 Likes

Itā€™s just that the phase filter is not friendly to my ESCšŸ˜©

1 Like

Phase filter is always mean to new kids on the block. It will pass.

1 Like

1 Like

Are they all the same price?

2 Likes

3 ESCs, only the mos models are different

3 Likes

will be great if you can test the d100! :rofl:

1 Like

Quick question if you dont mind, I have an Ownboard Zeus Pro (13S4P of P42A cells), would the D60 be capable of handling that, or should i step up to the D75 to be safe?

D60 will be fine

2 Likes

Test on D75ļ¼š
Battery voltage 70v
Battery current 100A (total)
Phase current 100A (single)
Total power: 6.5KW

1 Like

i want to see a real 75v test with a real mountainboard loaded with a 200 pounds man :rofl:
my lipo pack is 75V full charge not 70v :joy:

1 Like

sometime its the bms the problem not the battery pack, that why l use lipo instead

thats too highā€¦ its 75v max, as in 16s + leeway for regen

3 Likes

75v should be fine. Because the mos I use is 85vļ¼ˆBased on version 100250ļ¼‰, and the system voltage is 100V.

3 Likes