GetToGnomy - my RKP board

Hey. You can question your choices when you realize the cable is too short :joy: don’t ask me how I know it :rage:

7 Likes

Finally done with these connectors.

I hope I did it right.
I’m not sure all the effort was worth it.

4 Likes

Goddamn it. Was getting close to done and I flipped the enclosure over forgetting the battery wasn’t taped in and threw it on the floor.

Now I have to go to the electronics store and get this JST connector.

1 Like

I think we’re finally ridable.

And dare I say… She looks damn good.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Looking good dude! Nearly an ultraboard on thane

1 Like

I think @Sender posted some rage clips of him expressing his frustration with a hammer concerning the finer details of the process.

If you’re new to epoxy or live in an apartment, it’s reasonable to shop this out. Friggin epoxy Einstein over here :wink:

After the Esk8 tire burns in the flooring, the second suspect in “how Mike lost most of his deposit in the Vicci penthouse” was epoxy splatter.

6 Likes

Lol i believe that was an attempted enclosure or mould. That part is not so easy :rofl: i also have hammer videos :rofl:

4 Likes

I thought a hammer was the right tool to de mould parts :joy:

7 Likes

97% of the time, epoxy works easy. The other 3% is “oh fuck what have I done and how do I fix it?”

1 Like

Raised the motors so they won’t keep getting scratched and gouged.
To pull this off first I move the trucks away from center by 1cm. This meant adding some aluminum flatbar to the bottom to cover the Dropthrough gap:

Then sanded down the board where the motors are with the Dremel, finishing by wrapping sandpaper around the motors and turning them with the trucks loosened off and at full lean:

Works pretty good.

I can still make em touch if I put all my weight on the edge of the board so might go back and touch up again at some point.

5 Likes