[Order Placed] TBDD CNC STEEL Hangers

Righto cocks, I’m sure you’ve seen em before, the good ol’ @torqueboards direct drives.

Do your hangers look like this? Wish they were straight?

Good news! If we can gain enough interest, we can most likely come up with a better, stronger solution.

I need at least 10 people who are truly interested in this to even get a price happening, so if you or anybody you know has some bent TBDD hangers, let me know!

And please post photos of your noodly hangers here, I wanna see 'em!

UPDATE

PRE-ORDER NOW

Nice work @Tony_Stark :partying_face:

35 Likes
You has noodly hanger?
  • Yes
  • Fuck off Al

0 voters

9 Likes

Dex
images - 2021-03-31T225053.285

26 Likes

Imagine paying 700$ for this. Luckily I only paid half

29 Likes

Here’s my cooked ramen I flipped the hanger so it’s backwards

20 Likes

35 Likes

Ugh. I assembled a build for a friend with these drives brand new. They will not detect on any ESC I try and dexter is MIA. Idk what to tell this guy, the whole board is ready to go except for the drivetrain :confused:

5 Likes

You should try the hand test. Also there is a general thread for these drives and their other issues:

4 Likes

You should change the alternate option for the vote to “flip hanger every 40km until it snaps”

24 Likes

I’d rather see people riding something a bit more reliable.

Good suggestion nonetheless :rofl:

11 Likes

@torqueboards is a verified vendor isn’t he? I am sure if someone tags him, he will happily replace the bent hangers for everyone.

11 Likes

No I meant the choice was obvious to go with billet hangers :grin:

@mutantbass and would he replace with the same hangers if anyone can reach him, has anyone tried?

The stock ones would need to be sent off to be heat treated properly if they can be :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

uh oh flexgate 2021 edition

17 Likes

@jindra and @mutantbass I managed to get one replaced but the new one bent straight away too. They’re just not strong enough. I attempted to get something more durable made and even said I’d pay for it but no luck and have waited months :cry:
*Edit 19/4 got two more replacement hangers sent free of charge when I ordered some AT wheel pulleys and motor mount. Thanks Dex. Same design though so will have to strengthen them.

9 Likes

That’s pretty much exactly what I thought. Someone brave could try doing a quench on one of these and see if it shatters or makes it stronger when riding. :joy:

1 Like

17 Likes

12 Likes

LOL

3 Likes

You guys should at least flip your hangers in the meantime and get some more go time from them, I’m kind of back to straight after 100km. Anyone else do this?

4 Likes

I’d be pretty damn worried about those shearing clean after a big bump.

7 Likes