Fuse/AntiSpark/XT90S-loopkey/Precharge - age old discusion

Hello fellow Esk8rs/Builders,

Im trying to come up with a valid solution for working around failing Antisparks on the Untiy. Understanding that the issue seems to come from the VESC capcitors putting stress on the Fets around it. im wondering if a Hybird

Antispark with Precharge/+ combined with a fuse. and just before having a Loopkey on the negative wire from the pack. would be a long term solution (and also adding a fuse inline with the charge port just in case)

am aware that the Fatboy antispark has a Precharge which should mean that it drains power all the time - hence why adding a loopkey before seemed like it might be the way to prevent this if you wont be daily riding.

As for BMS im using a Charge/Discharge 60A bms - soon will swap over to the 90A varriant.
(using Discharge also so i can see the exact mah capacity of my cells. counting the flow in/and out.)

I run Hubs set to 60A/ and am very lightweight - general never pulling more than 7-17amps per motor.

managed to pull 28 once… doing some obstecles with 20kg backpack on. so im not worried about a cutout comming from the Discharging BMS

The tricky part is how to lay this out in the most compact way possible.

Paging @b264

1 Like

Can imagine the single focbox x2 setup has some advantages.

How about the new design of the stormcore which is slightly moreso dual focbox and single by the looks of it?

Either way stuck with what I’ve already got, maybe after a few sales can work towards the single VESC per motor

The Stormcore 100S will be the only one I would buy.

Maybe. If nothing better is released :smirk:

1 Like

I stopped reading after this…

Where im living, Hubs are the only true option - Had i been statesite, Likey be running geardrive
I’d like to entertain the idea of other possiblities but the subject of the post makes no differance if it’s Hubs, DD, or Standard belts

In all fairnes in terms of Preformance - My Hubs are achiving pretty respectable stats.

Temps run low (never about 63c worst case) - and I can lower that significantly using a proper thermal paste.
Amp pull is very low
Can even achive 7-10WH avaerage with little effort.
Im also superlighweight which helps. > So you could say if my weight was double they would suck - thankfully its not :smiley:

1 Like