Free money for esk8.news with Brave browser!

Hey everyone (directed at the site owner, I think LHB?),

A lot of people use the web browser called Brave. People get free money (crypto) when using the browser and it’s used to pay websites for their service of running the site.

All the site owner has to do is register with Brave to start receiving contributions.

You could make an announcement that you accept brave contributions, which would be a nice extra chunk of income for the site. I personally get about $20 a month to give and would love to start funding this as I’m now here on a daily basis :smile:

:call_me_hand:t4:

11 Likes

Where does that money come from initially?

5 Likes

Advertisers. They pay for adverts to be played to users, users can choose when to view them (they’ve never even played for me, I just get paid), the user gets 70% of the cost the advertiser paid, Brave gets the other 30%.

2 Likes

Sadly there is probably some data collection and even if not probably would have a hard time getting more than, maybe 15 people to use it. I bet just a few people giving a couple dollars is a lot more effective.

I like how there is a high-ish barrier to entry to the diy scene. At a minimum like $400-500 for a single drive and $600+ for dual. Basically everyone here has money to spend on esk8 and therefore money for esk8.news (their favorite forum).

3 Likes

That can work as well! But can’t pass up free money right?

1 Like

I kind if like this by the people, for the people feel we have going on here… no need to bring advertisers into this

1 Like

.01% the value of any build posted here must be paid to @longhairedboy

3 Likes

You… don’t understand how it works at all. There would be no advertisers on this site.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I dint know how it works. To be fair your explanation is a lacking a bit. You mentioned advertising and videos that never play for you but are videos planned in the future? Do they collect info?

1 Like

They pay you in crypto to use their browser… I’m sure they don’t harvest more than anyone else right?

1 Like

This one?

2 Likes

@regulator can you clarify if Brave would/would not put advertisements on esk8.news?

I don’t think LHB has any plans of having ads on the site since we can sign up as Patreon supporters to keep it running right now.

Hmm, I already use Brave on mobile and eks8.news on mobile sometimes, though I strongly prefer desktop versions of everything.

But I’ve never heard of this. Sounds like a way to kill my mobile battery more quickly though, at first thought.

1 Like

They do not put ads on any site.

I’m not selling anyone on a using a new browser. For those of us that use it though, we can be giving more than just $10 a month (typically $15-20 per person) to the site.

This thread title is clickbait af.

Real title:
“Use brave browser, they give crypto kickbacks”

It has nothing to do with the hosting of this website, donations, daemon, or anything…
Not too much different than swagbucks.com search engine earning points to redeem prizes

borderline spam tbh…
At that point, “Go to X site and do some surveys. Free money for esk8.news!”
“Watch some ads on Y site. Free money for esk8.news!”
“Get a job. Free money for esk8.news!”
ffs

3 Likes

For everyone that uses Brave, it’s been confirmed that esk8 news now accepts Brave contributions!

2 Likes

They dont collect data…personally. Instead, they added a secret and hardcoded “whitelist” which allows the biggest data collectors (ie: Facebook) to pass through the security…

2 Likes

Yayy!

Fuck Facebook.

MySpace 4lyfe.

images

4 Likes