Frankendick - The Second Cumming - Complete!

Sick Dude. Looking forward to this. If you have any questions about my construction, ask me. :grin: :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Cheers dude! I reckon i got a pretty good idea of how i’m gonna do it.

Couldn’t be fucked making a female mold, just going straight for the lid in one shot. I wanna skin it anyway so a little surface sanding is easier than two whole layups.

750gsm triax top and bottom
3 layers of 450gsm CSM in the middle

6 Likes

Bag had a slow leak so got some battery done while babysitting the vacuum.

12 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Pretty much finalised all the parts this evening :partying_face:

Will be the integrated frankendeck
12s4p p42a
Xenith (lovingly repaired by @jaykup :pray::pray::pray:)
@Razillian tkps (swoon🥰)
@XTLA surfrodz mounts
Saite 190kv 6374s
@Savage1 40T kegel pulleys
88wheels 86mm McFlys
Puck
New beta gotchipro :eyes:

Fucking keeeeeeen :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

16 Likes

Cool. I look forward to buying it in April.

5 Likes

Hold up – the Razilian DKP trucks can just be used as normal TKP trucks as a sufr rodz replacement, but without the bushing seat to hanger bolts that snapped on you last time? That’s awesome! :smiley:

5 Likes

this is clever

7 Likes

We believe so, but have not tried it yet!

1 Like

Cheers dude. I do it to batteries that I think might be under a bit more pressure than most. It’s a pretty quick and easy step tho, i will probably start doing it to all of them.

1 Like

Couldn’t be happier with the lid! Great success!

borat-very

17 Likes

Ok so a bit of shit has gone down in the past few weeks and i been a little preoccupied. But everything has simmered down and i’m cracking on.

Crimes have been committed…

At this point I kinda really want to get trucks, wheels and motors mounted so I know where I can chop the deck. Cos i’m going tkp, I think I wanna keep the wheelbase as short as possible and trim down the nose and tail of the deck to suit.

Once I have made the chop, i’ll be able to get on with fibreglassing this puppy up!

7 Likes

Got the drivetrain and the chop sussed! Not much left of the ol’ Ibach 39 :sweat_smile: now its a 36 :rofl:

Took a little work to get the @XTLA mounts to fit the @Razillian trucks, but I got them fitting nice! I used the kingpins from my old surfrodz cos they fit the razillian baseplates a lot nicer than the ones they came with.

BN 10mm axles in the rear and regular surfrodz shoulder bolts in the front to keep it skinny :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Need to glue these panels together and then shape them up to form the shape of the inside of the battery compartment.

Once that is done I can do the first of 3 stages of glass

1: form the inside shape of the compartment by glassing over the buck and the bottom of the deck.

2: remove the buck, tidy/shape the top of the deck a little and then glass over the top and into the compartment

3: shape the bottom of the deck and final glass/carbon over. I’m thinking i’ll use expanda foam for this step, squirt it on and then shave it back to shape.

I need to figure out a way to incorporate motor wire pass throughs and charge port/power button into this strategy… ideas welcome cos i’m a little stumped on that part :rofl:

Rough cross section

13 Likes

I made the channel for the motor wires when i cut the hole for the battery. So its a complete cut trough the deck wich gets covered by thin wood layers or fiberglas/carbon fibre layers.
Also i made a Wood frame instead of a foam frame just for some more stability but if you use enough composite it should be fine.

8 Likes

I had a busy weekend in the shed playing with resin and fibreglass. I should have done a lot more work on poor little frankendick, but I really have no solid plan so I procrastinated hard.

I added a couple of layers of fibreglass :rofl:

That is all until next time :rofl:

15 Likes

So, when are you putting the cock-rex hood ornament on it?

Maybe when it’s complete. Maybe not.

1 Like

I feel so bad for Frankendick. He’s been patiently waiting in the corner of the shed while I fuck around with Semendeeds and other bits and pieces. I even started another build to add to the neglect.

But now the Semendeeds are done and I have cleared up a bunch of shed space, focus can shift back to Frankendick. I removed the buck from the center of the deck and cleaned up the inside and the edges.

I still need to do a little more detail sanding on the inside, but this is pretty much ready to keep adding glass. Gonna be a bit of a slow process, as I’m just gonna add a layer per day until I’m happy with it, but I can’t think of another way to do it and i don’t have large chunks of time to dedicate to it.

My Xenith returned from it’s trip to the US (thanks @jaykup!!!) and everything fits nice and snug inside. Not quite sure how i’m gonna do phase wires, or where I’m gonna put charge port and power button, but I’m hoping these things will present themselves along the way :rofl:

16 Likes

You don’t “need” a power button…

1 Like