Forum gone to shit part 1110

The limit of the elapsed lifetime, as the expected lifetime approaches infinity, is 0%.

Or  600mi / ∞mi ≈ 0%  for short LoL

Making a joke about how ridiculously long these wheels last. Except it’s not really a joke. They last a ridiculously long time. I’ve never seen, or seen photos of, one with any chunks or worn out in any way. And I have abused the crap out of them.

3 Likes

I was just about to post something like this, lol.

One could say that 600/infinity is “an arbitrarily small number”

2 Likes

I’m sorry but that’s still incorrect haha.
You can’t divide anything by infinity.
:smiley:

You can take a limit? Who cares

1 Like

Nono Nono

Taking the limit of a fraction does not solve the division.

Infinity is a concept. You CAN take a limit of an expression but that doesn’t solve anything. There are ways to show that something is equal to something using limits but that would in fact fail here.

Think of infinity as something growing. Where as a number doesn’t grow. In a way what your asking is “how many fries can I make from this ever growing pile of potatoes” the only thing you can do is stop the growth of the potato pile and then make the fries.

Not to mention that infinity is not automatically always the same. For example. Let the infinite number of irrational decimal numbers between 1 and 2 (such as 1.00001… , 1.00002… etc) be the set of numbers A. And Let the infinite number of irrational decimal numbers between 1 and 3 be set B. So is A or B bigger? Well in truth, there’s no way to make that decision. Since both A and B are ever growing.

1 Like

‎ …

2 Likes

@KaramQ
This is my thread now. Change the title to “Number Theory with Agressivstreetlamp”

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll take it thanks

2 Likes

lim x -> inf; 1 / x = 0

Technically 1/inf is unprovably 0, because its theoretical. But in a term math can understand it is 0

2 Likes

The top is correct.
But the bottom is not. Something either is or isn’t equal to something. No such thing as “unprovably is” lol. Not in math. It’s not zero. It’s a totally different concept. It’s small sure. But not zero. Zero is much more powerful than very very small

2 Likes

If a set of longboard wheels has X kilometers on them, and they last for infinity kilometers, then they are 0% used-up, regardless of what X is.

Because the ratio of X to inifinity tends to be zero, no matter how big X is, because infinity is always more than an arbitrary number of times larger.

can we save our breath and use it to solve the equation of creating an warp drive or teleportation device or even hoverboard instead of this :eyes:

ᶦᶠ ⁶⁰⁰ ᵐᶦˡᵉˢ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵇᵉ ᶦⁿᶠᶦⁿᶦᵗʸ ᵐᶦˡᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉⁿ ᵘˢᵉ ᶦᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵈᶦᵛᶦᵈᵉ ᵇʸ ᶦⁿᶠᶦⁿᶦᵗʸ ᵗʰᵉⁿ ᶦᵗ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᶻᵉʳᵒˀ

Also if you’ll notice I didn’t use an equals sign above

If you zoom in, that is definitely not an equals sign.

can we solve for non-existent?

with calculus?

This thread is the worst thing to have existed. Do numbers and dividing by infinity make me go zoom?

5 Likes

SHUT UP

4 Likes

You guys do know that @b264 will never, ever go outside “his” comfort zone right?

1 Like

Boom no. See that’s exactly the false statement. They do infact get used up. But their usage merely approaches 100% but never quite reaches is. Just like we can never quite reach the speed of light because the amount of energy required is ever growing

1 Like

Sean I can speak for myself. Thank you very much though.

If I did need someone to speak for me, I certainly wouldn’t select you.