Foodies Unite! What’s good in your area?

I’m from Houston, the melting pot. We literally have everything but I’m a big fan of Korean food.

But is there a dish or recipe that is prepared in a way that is Houston? Like, we all have hot dogs but a Chicago dog is way different than a Los Angeles hot dog.

1 Like

When it comes to pizza… Colorado has “Colorado style” pizza from Bo-jeaus or whatever. It sucks

Blue pan pizza, in denver, is really good.

Well if we’re speaking dogs. There’s a cart owned by a Japanese man and his wife named yoyos. Killbasa sausage split down the middle with cream cheese, sauteed onions, spicy mayo, and fried onion crisps ontop with a dash of some special sauce. I usually get 3 because they are insanely good. The guy pulls 100 deep lines on Saturdays.

2 Likes

Bro, I’m so tired of that fake shit. I had Mexican soda growing up and I literally won’t drink soda unless it’s from mexico or has a real sugar label.

I don’t understand how real sugar is basically banned and that fake synthetic shit is in everything.

On topic though, fresh and tasty on Broadway is my fave chinese food. And it’s super cheap.

3 Likes

Corn syrup is the worst thing ever.

I really don’t understand how people let them switch to that shit in the first place.

But corn is so subsidized in the US they’ve basically found a way to put it in everything.

2 Likes

Wait, so your main language is english and as a second language german, right?
If you ever come to Germany try this.

1 Like

What is “this”?!?

2 Likes

Because our government is lazy and also cheap, they sub out the research and health safety stuff to companies basically owned by product manufacturers that skew the results into their favor for their product.

2 Likes

tip. It’s frozen.

1 Like

I have a culinary degree so when yall come to the high desert, let Chef Jrod hook you up. Made the family homemade pasta organic spinach n kale raviolis (dough n all) with my personal alfredo recipe from scratch (organic heavy cream). Then i chopped up some organic chicken, laid the pasta in a casserole dish, thin layer of mozzarella, then laid the chicken on top, then sauced the whole thing and a thick layer of mozzarella on top. The. Put it in the broiler for about 5 mins till the cheese formed a nice crisp crack crust. My 6 year old said he liked better than the mac n cheese i make so i guess i did good. Tonight is stuffed bell peppers!!!
Just have to add the cheese then baking these bad boys at 375°

5 Likes

Where is the high desert… I may have to go skate there :grimacing:

2 Likes

It’s Spaghetti ice cream. You can get it in Germany everywhere or go to NYC.

1 Like

Hesperia California… just bring the trees @Bobby i got the munches covered.

4 Likes

@Bobby 33 Barrow St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Or you can do it by urself. I write a recipe for it.

Looks interesting… i thought it was spaghetti but didn’t think that woukd be considered a german treat lol

Im in California and not really visiting NYC any time soon. Next trip im probably taking may be tampa :sunglasses:

1 Like

Anything italian. Boardwalk pizza is amazing. Local beer and whiskey is pretty good too.

Nothing hits the spot like a good poutine
20111005poutinechallcrise

5 Likes

ribeyes tonight boys!

4 Likes

So why dont we stap up our bindings and storm the castle? Apathy is why. I wish i knew enough like minded people to start a second American revolution or at least another civil war. If i could keep my Esk8 and go back to rt before the Mayflower landed id be cool.