Focbox Unity issues

Has anyone ever wired an aftermarket momentary switch for the unity, or do I just suck at searching?

Like how does led2 led1- led+ MOM MOM on the unity match up to NC NO C + - on a generic momentary switch?

I’ve been using this one for over a year…no problems. Red to (+) black to (-) the two mon connections don’t matter.

5 Likes

Ooh nice ok I may have a similar one, and this will light up the LED fine?

1 Like

What’s going on here…does anybody know what this means?

2 Likes

Hi people,

where can I get the latest tool for Windows for the Unity?
I only can find weird unofficial websites, or just use app?

Edit: Totaly forgot vesc tool has the unity fw now :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Point of clarity:

vesc tool supplies bldc/vesc fw 5.1 and up which is compatible with unity.

if you want to to run latest/last unity firmware 23.46 you still need focbox ui for unity. zip files for windows are still in the enertion repo.

it also compiles for mac with a little tweaking. idk if anyone’s hosted a build.

4 Likes

I’m having issues on focbox with red constant light and white light flashing. When I try to connect to bluetooth with it, it prompts: “could not read firmware version. Make sure port really belongs to the FOCBOX.”

I’m gonna try the power port on/off button but it appears to be in fact showing voltage on meter.

ok a weird one… I was telling @Venom121212 that I almost never turn off the Unity but I let it time out most of the time…

so I rode the board a few days ago… I was going to go sk8 so I wanted to see which board had enough charge…

went to push the button, but it was already on… ok weird… I went to connect VESC Tool fone app to see the board’s SOC but I get firmware out of date blah~blah. I figger I’ll power cycle the board, but the button won’t turn off… hmmmm WTF… I pick up the remote connects… but doesn’t appear functional… no zoom-zoom

I put the board on a 2 amp charge and go sk8… I figger it’s the stupid button, or worse the anti-spark… oh well it was a good ride for that UNity…

come back… crack the enclosure… break the XT90 battery to Unity, to power cycle it… everything comes back to life when i press the start button… hmm button works now…
connect to app… it works… connect it to remote… it works…

and now the button and time-out function works…

WTF

just a simple power-cycle…

W :doughnut: :doughnut: H :doughnut: :doughnut:

k00k wins the esk8 lottery… now I just have to bolt back up the enclosure

9 Likes

See that’s why I sold my unitys, if I don’t know why they do this shit randomly, then I can’t trust it. They seems to have a mind if their own. I can’t trust my life on something so… Sooo…
K00ky?

I can trust k00k, but I can’t trust something pretending to be k00k

3 Likes

Unities are definitely female, treat them right, and live with their proclivities, and they will not let you down…

if you have doubts, they sense this and will make your life hell…

sometimes a timeout is what a guud unity needs,

but once conflict unities surfaced… i shall buy no more…

if you have a frightening experience with a Unity that you’re askeered of…
I’ve created a home and a fund, we treat them well… and show them how it feels to be valuable and useful

you can send yours to the school, and when she is ready. we’ll release her back into the wild…

3 Likes

the unity u sold me had no problem, running strong in my modded backfire (well, not really modded, i just use their ranger deck)

1 Like

tenor (4)

1 Like

I’m so glad! I’m just against smart ESCs in general, I prefer something more like a focbox or escape :grinning:

:heart::heart::heart::100:

1 Like

But they are all unobtainium :sob:
Luckily I have two focbox coming my way

2 Likes

Today i rode with unity and direct drives. i rode over 1 bump and i could not accelerate anymore. after about 15 secs i pressed the switch and powered her up again 5 seconds later i could move again.

Was using photon remote on this ride

Sometimes I have to press my switch in a certain place near the edge to get it to work. Very rarely is won’t register a press at all. If I flip the board over or unbolt the enclosure it pretty much always resumes working completely normal. Something small is messing up and I don’t know if its wiring/placement or if the button is on the way out… luckily I have extras.

No serious issues while riding for 1.5 years :+1:

I’m scared cuz I have 1 on the way. Should I cancel my order?

1 Like

Notice none of these resets are happening while riding though, only upon board power cycling.

Fwiw I have 3 unities and 1 of them has reset its motor config twice in over 2 years of riding.

I would not buy from raptor shop though, those could very well be refurbished units sent back due to qc issues. You have the option to not roll those dice.

4 Likes

No issues on my Unities. I guess mine were built mid week…

2 Likes