Focbox Unity Delay email from Enertion

Just received this email from Enertion regarding my Unity order.

June 5th, 2019

FOCBOX Unity Production Delayed

In our update from last week, we advised that our latest Unity batch had been partially received, and that all pre-orders placed prior to 15th May would be included in shipments over the next two weeks.

We now expect that these orders placed prior to 15th May will instead be due for shipping during the first half of July.

Orders placed subsequent to 15th May can still expect their shipments to be processed before the end of July.

But why??

We know delays are the LAST thing you want to hear about when you’re hanging out to receive the latest tech from us - but when we find ways to improve our products, we want you to benefit immediately.

Our engineers have been busy investigating several reported faults experienced by our DIY-users who used the Unity with higher-powered motors and batteries.

We have already released a firmware update to address these issues and after additional testing and feedback from our users, have determined that the firmware patch successfully solved the issue. During this process, we also identified several ways in which our test jigs could be improved to more stringently test every unit we ship out. This testing requires a complete redesign of our custom jig equipment at a component-based level, which is complex, and needs time to be developed and implemented.

Although our production batch was so close to completion, we needed to send each Unity back through our product test line a second time in order to ensure that these updates could be applied. While this does cut in to our delivery timeline, we are determined to continue to deliver the most reliable and easy-to-use motor controller available today.

How will I know if my Unity is the latest revision?

If you haven’t received your tracking information for your Unity yet, you can be assured that you will be receiving the latest revision already. If you received your Unity already, please apply the latest revisions to it using the link below.

What if I have a Raptor 2/2.1?

If you’re one of the proud owners of our flagship boards, you don’t have to do a thing! Just get back out there and ride!

Copyright © 2019 Enertion Eboards, All rights reserved.
You hate to PUSH, so do we… That’s why you with us.

Our mailing address is:

Enertion Eboards

44-46 Medcalf st

Warners Bay, NSW 2289

Australia

Well I actually commend them for being honest and open instead of their usual tactic of keeping us in the dark and constantly telling us it will be shipped next month every month.

Let’s hope they can speed up the entire process once all the bugs are worked out.

4 Likes

What about the units from the first batch? Will we need those updates too?

Just firmware revisions to my knowledge

I’ve been running a batch 1 Unity for quite some time and abusing it quite a bit never gave me an issue.

I do have a batch 2 unity also but I have not used it yet.

1 Like