FocBox Tenka Talk

I had my only unity die and power off at 45kph a few weeks ago. Fucking supermanned me hard. I’m changing to makerx dv6 next

7 Likes

This is scary to me. How you are ok.

1 Like

Skip right to 5:00-5:40 to see the Tenka throw a fault at 74A and toss the reviewer to the street.

14 Likes

It was a lovely rendezvous, wherein the pavement told them all of its secrets.

Without the Tenka, that new friendship wouldn’t have been possible. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Thanks for sharing. My blood was boiling for a second. Now my noob question: 60a/motor=120 motor amps= 120 battery amps?

Or was that board set to 40a/motor to throw a fault?

3 Likes

I believe per their video narration, they had the Tenka set to 80 motor amps (same as their test Unity) and had it fault at 74A, then reduced to 70A without further faults. That’s per motor, they didn’t specify what their battery amps were set to afaik.

That’s… Not great. The original run non-blood Unity I have was run at 100A motor on the daily without issue. If this isn’t an isolated issue & the Tenka is faulting at 70A+, it’s possible MOSFETs were also removed to reduce cost.

7 Likes

1 Like

I can’t believe he showed that and wants to sell it now
@PropulsionBoards explain your self???
also @PropulsionBoards your saying the V word alot
You don’t want trampa/frank on your ass

5 Likes

I think “master” means you built/d something other people use in their own build.

Or maybe having a 12S12P+ just makes you a master builder idk.

3 Likes

I can’t believe he’s still got the wrong fucking connector on the ESC side. It says its “universally compatible” but not with any battery built anywhere.

dead giveaway its still the same trash he was selling before.

20 Likes

naw they just used shittier componets from manufactures that r known to forgo qc. Guy knew what he was doing, its why he slathered conformal all over the esc so u can’t see the electronics. It has 0 reason to be on there. If the electronics r what I think they r from pics. Then its like playing the flipsky lottery. You will never know when u will win. That why i always use the mini remote its cheap and its very reliable, LMFAO.

but yeah no, mostfest r most likely on there or at least lower rated ones or shittier versions of the.

3 Likes

Honestly the number of steps taken backward since the 1.7 is quite impressive.

7 Likes

I still have a beta unit running in one of my boards and an OG from year one when they were still working well. But that was a different time. Its been a downhill mudslide ever since though.

3 Likes

Fuck, I nominate Al then for master, he’s spread his seed on many boards in Australia and afar

4 Likes

:thinking: i tick all those boxes.

@longhairedboy what’s a bogan gotta do to get a master builder badge?

5 Likes

Please don’t give him this.

Not that he doesn’t deserve it, it just that I have it and he doesn’t.

You remember what happened last time we encouraged an Aussie too much?

13 Likes

I’m surprised u haven’t got one yet.

2 Likes

this is your only warning. you can’t say that here.

7 Likes

What about “Jeremy Bogan”?

giphy-3

5 Likes

bo ar u talking bout

1 Like