FOC or BLDC running Tenka wanna be Focbox

I read that 4.XX ESC have problems in the long run with FOC. Is this the problem with Focbox Unity?

After blowing my brand new battery with brake regenarator, I am more than conscious about parameters…

Thanks and ride on!

1 Like

In the past - somewhat, yes. Nowadays no.

If you got a really cheap motor controller maybe even still today but then it could be other things as well.

Unity does run well with FOC.

2 Likes

the problem is mostly running 12s FOC on old 4.12 based controllers. 12 FOC could easily break the controllers :man_shrugging:

With the Unity, it’s been fixed, so 12s FOC works just fine.

2 Likes

Only 4.12 (and under) not 4.xx

Also only on 12S not on 10S

I am running with an old battery 10s and I had major issues with full throttle. The motors would just stop. When I was running full throttle backwards, I had no issues. But then, I reconfigured my motors and everything works fine by now.

I was wondering, if I have a 12s6p running and I have a backup battery of 12s4p. Do I need to reconfigure my motors or just plug my backup battery 12s4p? I’m stuck with 80A BMS and 70A motor max with my setup.

You don’t need to reconfigure them, but be aware that connecting two batteries in parallel when they are at different voltages can be extremely dangerous.

I didn’t want to run them in parallel because the weakest cell out of 120 would determine the rest.