Flipsky VX2 Remote VESC Ramping time

I did it but when I make changes such as setting to no reverse it still reverses… :sob::sob::sob:. Halp!!!

False on smart reverse.

1 Like

Kk trying that now thx!!!

No it still reverses, I set vesc remote to current with no reverse but still reverses. Ugh

It seems like my vesc 6.6 has mind of its own. Wtf

This might be stupid question but do you:

• Read settings first
  • Adjust parameters
  • Then write settings

Seems weird that it doesn’t let you change it

1 Like

I can read change and write but does nothing. Uploading vid.

1 Like

Here

1 Like

Anyways always really appreciate any help guys. But pretty stumped. Maybe faulty 6.6? Not sure…

1 Like

Have a question for you…had a vx1 and just installed my vx2 though uart. Got everything set up on remote side. Went for the first ride and the brakes don’t stop me completely anymore. Braking at speed is strong and seems adequate but 8mph and under isn’t near as strong. On the vx1 I could stop the board and run off the last bit of speed. Now it just wants to go an extra few feet before stopping. Especially on hills.

Same problem? And that’s what the app side adjustments should fix? I’ll take the enclosure back off and try if so.

Also flipsky vesc.

I had similar issue where I wasn’t able to change any setting on my unity when I have everything set up. my workaround was to turn off the remote, (read setting) change whatever setting u need to modify and save it (u can read it again to check), then turn the remote back on. This has always work for me on my unity, not sure about FS6.6 dual. Maybe it will work that way?

PS I have not used the VESC tool before, so im most likely wrong

2 Likes

Watch the rt data with a bluetooth module when you accelerate/brake at full power.
If you have let’s say motor amps and braking set to 45/-45 and you only see for example 41/-30 when running the thumb wheel to the ends, you found your issue.
My vx1 accelerates at 43 amps out of the 46 detected.

Thanks. Just installed metr. Will button up enclosure and take a ride.

1 Like

Hey @Dreskateboard

Just connected to the flipsky. I am able to write data within the remote setup. I have not tested the throttle curve changes, but I was able to turn off smart reverse and validate the change.

Hey there, I am experiencing the same problem with my flipsky 4.20 and Vx2 remote, did you find a solution ?

Nope does not work for reverse at all. I reverted back to my vx1, they work flawless without headache.

Change vesc remote app settings for both sides using CAN forwarding.

1 Like

Will try that but my problem was any changes I make to the vesc remote app settings would not do anything. Nada.

Sounds exactly like you were changing settings for the wrong side. If programming both sides doesn’t work then try swaping the remote uart port.

When you also have a bt module then the remote is connected to the other side vesc and you have to program the other side remote settings for it to work.

3 Likes

Will try that thx

Hey did you try to set “Use smart reverse” to false? I did to my flipsky 4.20 vesc and it worked, now they dont turn reverse when stopped. Also I changed that setting for both of them seperately