Flipsky 4.20 vesc vs Unity

I’m planning a Emtb build and I am wondering if using a flipsky 4.20 vesc will be more reliable and allow me to run more power then a unity. Also I don’t have to do a bunch of annoying soldering on my 4.20 so I thought I would ask the community and see what people’s experiences have been.

Yeah no way, most people recommend not going past 20-25a on a 4.2 where as you can push 70ish comfortably with a small heat sink on a unity

1 Like

If you have to chose between the FS4.2 or the Unity, the Unity is better by leaps and bounds.

1 Like

FS4.20 is only good for ~40A burst and ~25A continuous. Thats not enough for a MTB. Unity Without any extra cooling is not that great ether but still better than a FS4.20

I would get a Xenith instead of the unity. Same thing bot more trustworthy Vendor.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. No way whatsoever. Flipsky ESCs are like dice rolling when it comes to reliability.

No, the Unity will have more power output capability.

1 Like

I already have both of these vests and just couldn’t decided, but my next step in this build is going to upgrade to a storm core and go 12s or do unbox at 16s

Awesome thx for the info!

1 Like