Flipsky 4.2 plus blown??

I’m putting together a TB V2 Deck with a boardnamics 6384 drive train and an eovan 12s4p Panasonic battery(until I decide if I want a 12s4 or 8 mollicel upgrade) and had a flipsky 4 laying around from an older bkb duo I had. I have a stormcore but am waiting for an adapter for the 60 end to 90 end. So I figured out all the nonsense like having to rewire the remote etc cause it’s for flipsky 6 and everything else after a day or so searching the web. I get it to work and finally I unplug it all and get it ready to go on the board, plug it back in and boom. Suddenly it does not light up when plugged in, but it does power the remote reciever. Does this mean it’s blown somewhere I take it? I also did not have an anti spark as the bkb duo was not using one with it I assumed it safe.

Maybe you plugged/unplugged the connectors the wrong order.
Connecting the battery first before the switch is a sure way to fry the mosfets its built-in antispark circuit. Same goes for unplugging the switch first before unplugging the battery.

So I always plug the battery in last and unplug it first? Does the flipsky 4 have a built in anti spark and I just plugged it in wrong order? Never used an anti spark with it before but I always ran it in tens and heard it does not handle 12s well?

yep… and flipsky never warned the buyers about it

FSESC4.20 plus, the one you’re using, has built-in antispark system. The problem is that the antispark system it has is shitty af.

probably…
tho there’s something peculiar bout your case.
I mean when that antispark system fails from such mistake, it usually fails in a manner that the esc becomes permanently “on” and you can no longer turn it off with the switch.

Weird. I wish that was the case lol I’d just use a loopkey. I’m programming my stormcore today, do I need to use an anti spark with it??lol