So I am trying to build out my first flexible board and am a bit concerned about rubz and fires and death and whatnot.
Have a Unik flex 12s4p on a Trampa H11 with Kaly drive. Looks like I can fit everything under board however curious what y’all with experience have done to shield the BMS and battery from rubz and if you have tacked down (read silicon/super Velcro) the BMS and ESCs to the board or enclosure. Cheers
I put fiber reinforcement tape inside where gaps are and black silicon from outside, then sprayed everything with Rust-Oleum Leak Seal from inside the enclosure. After this I put 2mm neopren and so far no water inside. I also added some water absorbing bags inside.
Thanks, not as concerned about water ingress. I typically don’t ride when wet and living in Madrid means I only have ~60 wet day to contend with. Also have some rubber mat on the inside of enclosure to shore up against dust and water.
The big concerns here are constant flex (albeit small amount 16 or 17 ply board with enclosure support), friction/rubbing from said flex, and fixation of components.
Also I just opened the battery and found a spaghetti monster of balance leads so theres that to deal with as well.
-Cells are Sony VTC5.
-All the wire including main leads are not silicon.
All the main leads, without any use of the battery- light test flexing while mocking up, are showing signs of wear - flat spots where there is rubbing - evident by black marks.
-Single strip of 7mm nickel with non-flexible, non silicon wire making the series bridges (remember kid this is the “Flex pack” )
On the plus side:
Fishpaper Arrived (thanks NKON)
22awg Silicon wire arrived (thanks Amazon)
Fibrous packing tape Arrived (thanks Amazon)