First streetcarver Flux 16s6p

It’s just the cleanest Flux in the world. No big deal…

5 Likes

If the tires do not seat all the way on the rim, doesn’t it make more sense to use the non-XL ones?
Or is it wider still?

2 Likes

Full build thread here. No regrets with this board, it’s been so much fun to ride. My only wish is to have something with a bit more acceleration. But that’s a want, not a need. And I really don’t need to be riding anything fast considering I’m over 40 and have a devastated immune system that makes me very prone to infections.

It might make more sense, but I really like the look of the deep dish wheels. I’m not sure if the non-seated XLs are still wider than the non-XLs. My guess is yes?

3 Likes

Very nice build! Great job beating cancer!

3 Likes

First package received. Trucks, ESC, gear drives and an assortment of Riptide bushings.

BN sent motors yesterday. Only hickup so far is the wheels that are stuck in the post office due to a
technicality.

I bought a Metr pro today. A really usefully device to keep track of the board and rides.

4 Likes

Did you remove the logo or did you get the deck like that? Love my stuff clean.

I was part of the pre-order, which had an option to order without the dumb (sorry!) logo.

Someone on here removed the outer black material which exposed a beautiful wood deck beneath. Kinda like pulling the shag carpet on your 1960’s home to find the original hardwood floors. That’s something that I’ve always wanted to try with a Flux deck.

1 Like

I saw that thread. It was @EreTroN.

I will either put grip tape over the entire deck or vinyl in the future.

1 Like

Deck/enclosure picked up today. Motors and cells are to be delivered this week.

5 Likes

Had you stood on a Flux deck before?

No I have not. I have narrowed my options down to Flux AT2 and Tomboi decks with help from my friends at the forum and previous experience with longboarding and eskate.

I had a Trampa before. Didn’t like it. Too heavy, too flat, narrow and way too much flex. Therefore the Kaly was out of the question.

My street deck is an Evo falcon. Love that deck. The concave is quite aggresive though for longer runs so I figure the stiff and flatter AT2 will work out nicely. And I really like the symmetrical shape and attention to detail in the construction of the deck and enclosure.

With that said. I’m just making an educated guess here :joy: This will be my first time riding any carver deck.

2 Likes

Nothing crazy to see here. My sweet spot with thanes is carving between 40 and 50 km/h.

1 Like

I agree with carving at 45 km/h :ok_hand:

2 Likes

isn’t it giant!!!

I love my Fluxes because of all the space to move around. both of mine are V1 with the mellower concave, but I think that is a minor change.

The street carver is definitely my favorite type of board to ride.

2 Likes

It’s nice to be able to fit the entire foot on the deck.
I like how aggressive the Evo is but it takes it’s toll to carve it for a long time.

I’m really looking forward to trying this board out since I’ve done a lot of reaserch and think/hope it will be fun to ride.

4 Likes

Hey ho, let’s go

Like a glove :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Drivetrain

8 Likes

Since the wheels I bought have ended up in a black hole in a post office in London I ordered these instead.

What a bargain :fire: I also treated myself with some carbon fiber anti sink plates from Armattan.

Black on black with a sprinkle of CF is right down my alley.

6 Likes

1wuoi7

4 Likes

6 Likes