First Documentary Build

After watching a friend, decided it was time for me. Started from a yuneec ego, to Backfire G2s, to Boosted Stealth. Now working on an off road beast with great range.

These are the parts I have already ordered.
Dickyho Caliber Motor Mounts
Dickyho 200kv 6374 Motors
TB 218 Trucks
TB all terrain 6.3x2.5 wheels
MetroBoard 10s8p LG MH1
Vesc Mini 4.2 updated
Recycled Backfire Deck with Homemade ABS enclosure or SkateShred Deck with Psychotiller enclosure

I like the look and shape of the backfire deck but because of how thin it is, none of the current Psychotiller enclosures will fit. I’m also not sure to get the VX1 or buy another 2.4ghz trigger remote. I have bypassed the battery to get the full 80 amps. I currently have put few parts together, still missing my vesc to bench test. I also need to figure out my enclosure and remote and hopefully I can be riding by the end of the week!! Will be updating with pictures very soon!

Dickyho: $160
Motor Mounts
Motors
Cross Plate
Steel 16 Pulleys

TB: $275
AT Wheels
218 Trucks

MetroBoard: $445
10s8p battery
4amp charger

Alliexpress: $115
Mini 4.2 Vesc

Misc: ~$50
Nylon braided cable
XT90 Connectors
Bullet Connectors
Kayak Handle

Total: ~$1045

https://calc.3dservisas.eu/?RY5LC8IwEIT_S85S8mjj47oVT0pAsHfbQwTTFnoU_7uZSbG3b2dnZvejnhLVSb1f06h2ebjlwVU-8yL3zEYTQ8YDSWCwusitbJYWHrOvmmJDq8k4o8UBmNRMzgFqTULMgljmGiJET_wX9VHWTB_PeEcTH1hbcJK1KaG8vJjChH1N3O4noQzz0C1AD3m4XMnEDi_QgWtHrb4_

4 Likes

Use google and read some build threads

https://www.google.com/search?q=kayak+handle&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB870GB870&sxsrf=ACYBGNRlfhAw4_tlSGmbYi1srDeYZhJeJA:1572991154644&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjonYfYiNTlAhWEiVwKHUz0BisQ_AUIEygC&biw=1920&bih=937

1 Like

@ansonng welcome buddy

how did that battery work out for you?

hey @ansonng what did you do in terms of switch on the Metroboard 10s8p battery. My metroboard battery came without and on/off button. I was going to solder the two small wires together per @mmaner’s recommendation and just use the Unity’s switch.

Also I read on the other forum “I have bypassed the discharge so I should be getting 80 amps out of the pack” Do you have pictures of how this was done. I’m always too afraid to touch the BMS wires.

3 Likes

For my on/off switch. I did not want to use the one attached to the battery. So I just cut the switch off and soldered them together. I am using a xt90 loop key for my board. I don’t have any pictures until I open my board up again but I just had to move the negative wire from the bus straight to the batter pack. Metroboard intended for this battery pack for a single motor setup so the discharge goes through the bms.

The battery pack has been work great. Compared to my friends 12s 80 amp battery, I can safely say that mine is also pushing 80 amps. The LG cells are good but I think they drop off sooner than I want to, planning to maybe buy another pack for more amps and range.

The LG HG1 cells are not very amp heavy but with enough parallel groups they are fine. Plus the charge cycles value is almost double the Samsung 30Q.

I actually have the MH1’s which are suppose to be 10 amps continuous. Its sufficient but I’m looking for more now lol