Tweaking the Trampa

Out of the 10 I’ve had all are still working better then most other remotes I’ve used, including the hoyt puck. Companies like lacroix and bioboards use the VX1 as a standard remote and have minimal issues reported with it. As a budget option it is one of the best out there.

5 Likes

Yeah its not a bad remote, but ive heard they had atleast one bad batch, around that time i think i must have gotten those two.

2 Likes

Lol! I still have 3 unopened boxes…hope they not from that batch :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I wasn’t completely in the dark then. I really appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes

Why not keep the deck?

From my calculations the MBS pro 97 COMPLETE costs, 550€ and the wheels, trucks, Bindings and Bearings costs 500€ from electricboardsolutions.

When ordering from MBS I would have to pay tax since it’s from a non EU country. Thank you Brexit.

1 Like

I noticed you don’t have an enclosure listed but lots of other parts.

@eBoosted sells a Haero Bro enclosure.

2 Likes

Also, @glyphiks should have some available at some point. Options are nice. We’re spoiled.

3 Likes

You could, since you had already planned on the Haero deck (which is higher quality), I figured you’d switch it out anyways. Nothing wrong with the MBS deck.

Check out ATBShop, it’s based in the UK so all the import stuff should have been dealt with by them already.

1 Like

Get the ubox spintend esc. You can plug in their horn and something else too!

1 Like

I think enclosure is on the list. I haven’t decided if I’m going to mount it underneath or on top of the board.

I would prefer underneath but somebody told me it was a bad idea for going of road.

3 Likes

Depends on where you’ll be riding. I’m going to use a VX1 on my mountainboard because I don’t expect there to be any RF-noisy areas in the woods :laughing: Haven’t had any radio interference in the city either yet. But yeah if you plan on riding on the streets, then a puck would be a better choice.

1 Like

I take it as a Puck doesn’t use RF signals? What does it use?

Do any of them connect straight to the Xenith or do I need a separate receiver?

Why would you choose the Spintend over Xenith?

1 Like

Thank you! I talked to Phil from Hearo and I’m leaning more towards the Bro atm. Then seem to have put alot of thought in to that deck.

1 Like

It’s cheaper than 300 euro. Comes with a nice remote and extra cables and xt90. Xt90s - antispark plug. Able to go up to 16s (more powerful). Can plug in 2 accessories to control with remote - their horn is great. I think bioboards or flux motion or kaly are starting to use them. Don’t remember who but it was a high quality brand.

2 Likes

No, of course it does! It just does frequency hopping, which means that if a channel becomes too noisy it’ll use another one. Improves reliability :+1:
Cheaper remotes aren’t smart enough to do that.

1 Like

U need the receiver

1 Like

Very good info. Thank you!

I want better range and torque before top speed. What KV on motors and gearing ratio am I looking for?

Can I put the Xenith in the battery enclosure or is that a bad idea?

Will the 12s6p battery be enough? And is 600€ reasonable fee for building it? If not what would 600€ get me?

12s 170kv 5/1 is a good all-rounder for 8 inch tyres.

2 Likes