fiRsT builD | landyachtz wolfshark | Maker-X Mini Foc Plus | VX2 | dual 6374 (UK)

more about delivery. are you in the EU?

1 Like

No I am in California.
How does delivery figure in?
Youre talking cost basis?
This is more for comparing the cells themselves and to pick the best cell for whatever constraints you have

Sometimes comparing a 10s3p 20650 vs a 12s4p 30q build gets hard to visualize,
and as soon as you have more than 3 options its hard to really see and compare.
This sheet gives some visualization for the various pack builds
Just make a copy and start punching in different pack values

1 Like

Where do yo buy cells in europe?

1 Like

Btw you’re missing the column names for S and P count. Took me a while to find them XD

2 Likes

They got hidden by the column widths, fixed it thanks

1 Like

Best place for cells in EU atm:

Edit: I think those are the up to date prices now?

2 Likes

doh! i get it now, i thought you made battery packs, cos of the prices lists. very cool spreadsheet, thank you. battery stuff is one area where i need to do my homework. i guess i was just going on the more high powered cells the better :sweat_smile:

edit, i mean i know the basic logic of S being torque and P being range…but that’s it.

1 Like

Molicel went down in price a lot since I bought my 40Ts. Doh.

1 Like

Fogstar wholesale

1 Like

With BN 184 hanger you can fit dual 6374

Here is an example

1 Like

Yeah just for reference. Itll grow as I go,
I have a coworker and we compete to make the best spread sheets for work.

Sheets is a bit limited but in excel we have made some truly legendary data munchin sheets. Our testers will spit out half a terabyte text files that need to be compressed for a 15 minute data review so it gets prety nerdy around here
tripple nested indirects that pulls values from cells online etc I would pull price lists directly from the sites but idk how in google sheets
Its pretty glorious and we get lots of comments about how elaborate some of the sheets are for seemingly no reason

I FUCKING LOVE SPREADHSSSEEEETTS

Ill add a seperate tab for various vendors

3 Likes

you might want to look at mooch’s review on the p42a where he labels the cell as 4000mah and 30a iirc

5 Likes

Not quite. S count determines your pack voltage, which is your top speed.
P count determines your pack amperage (Amp hours [capacity, aka range], continuous amp output [torque], maximum charging current [braking torque], etc).
Volts * Amps = Watts. Watts are the total energy output of the system. WattHours are also a much better way to determine your range than AmpHours, because it is a measurement of the actual energy stored in your pack.

So if you want to go faster (with the same drivetrain; gearing is a whole separate thing) then you need more voltage. If you want more torque, then you need more amp-delivering capabilities, which can be achieved either with a higher output rated cell, or with more cells in parallel.

1 Like

if i just had the rear hanger a BD 184 to fit the motors, and the front one calliber II (both at 50 degrees), would that be super weird? like, what could go wrong?

hah! keep up the good work =D

ok, then what i said is totally upside-down lol
i need to do a research…
in order of important for battery is 1.Torque (and breaking) 2. Range 3. Weight (keeping it lightish). speed isn’t so important. my budget is around $250, a little more, a little less depending

Lots of great threads here for learning, get reading and have fun!

1 Like

small update on first build: ive now got the motors - the new flipsky 6374’s - have a boardnamics rear hanger that will go into the baseplate of the calliber 2. have a @BigBen fiberglass enclosure. ordered a 36T kegal press-fit pully and 17t motor pully from @Anubis 's store

am about to order the new slimmer NESE modules for the double-stacked 12s4p 30q battery.

ADVICE NEEDED
so this is my planned layout…is there anything i should plan for? anything wrong with this? ive just accounted for the ESC and battery - BMS modules aren’t essential components, right? measurement-wise i could account for up to 12s6p module, but the weight will be too much i think - 4p is already pushing it. thoughts any1?

BMSes are essential imo. They’re cheap, and it’s way easier to have one than to route all those balance wires to an external connector in the enclosure. Not having one at all would be crazy.

Are you sure you have room for a double-stack NESE? You’ve got quite small wheels, I’m surprised you went for an enclosure that thick…

1 Like

i didn’t request the thickness, Ben had already made a mold (the only one for this deck) and i ordered it. turns out that with a gasket on double-stacked will be fine. the new modules from @Agniusm when double-stacked come in at 40mm, so really not bad. and i want the extra range. i may ending up getting some Boas if the cags are a pain…but having viewed quite boards - especially Evo builds - my enclosure doesn’t come as near to the ground as some of those.

what BMS do you recommend?