First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

Lol. I also have a 12s6p 30q but I want bigger. 50km per charge when I’m pushing hard asf feels small to me.

1 Like

Ikr… already I’m thinking bigger :sunglasses:

With a 6p battery 8amps is nothing for it. If it’s the 30q you can safely go up to 24amps which I wouldn’t recommend. I have a 12s5p and have a shitty 3amp charger… I want a 10amp charger for when I want to charge fast.

1 Like

@Myke You want 10a on 5p? What’s so damn important to need to go that quick?:joy:
Takes about 2hrs to charge my battery

Yes I do. When I go on long rides and stop for food I can get a real quick charge. I would use my slow charger 90% of the time.

1 Like

Fresh shoes.

6 Likes

OMG…really. I hope my battery is not dead AGAIN!!. started charging walked away…return and the light on the charger was going from red to green. I unplugged it immediately powered on to check the battery status 86%. I powered the board off and unplugged the charger then plugged everything back in…it appears to be charging now. did i have the plug in halfway it looked like it was not plugged in all the way. I don’t know…would the charger stop if there’s a problem?

1 Like

got damit yeah it only charged to 49.7v is that a dead p group again…should i check from the bms or is this a balance thing…

That’s almost full, not a big enough difference for me to think of a dead p-group. I’m not a hotshot with batteries though.

1 Like

yeah that’s like .7v off. what causes that is that a problem brewing.

Just taken the time to read through your thread. Quite a trip! You have such a great outlook.
What is the depth of the battery you have there?

3 Likes

I’ll have to pull the enclosure off. the enclosure i have now is the split lowpro from Dave.

1 Like

Don’t pulpit apart on my account. Just wondering how the cells were arranged? SIngle or double?

1 Like

this is the current config of this battery 12s6p

2 Likes

Nice configuration. Gonna have to steal that for mine…

2 Likes

for sure…almost done with it…i want to change the enclosure, install my DaveGa X and protect my phase wires.

2 Likes

Now you’re a master of checking the p groups it’s worth checking this out. Just to see if it’s evenly spread or something sinister.

2 Likes

Might even be nothing. That charger goes green but is still giving a very small amount of amps (around .5a). Chargers (in your case a 4a) dont charge at full blast the entire time, they start around that and then gradually go less and less until the pack is full. My bms is plugged with bluetooth so I observe regularly everything I just said :slight_smile:

In example: my charger starts at 9.6a and in the end only .57a

2 Likes

Ok I’ll monitor it CLOSELY for a few days…thx

battery stopped charging AGAIN!! :roll_eyes: charger is ok.