First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

If you heat up red loctite with a hair dryer or heat gun it comes off easily. Just fyi.

EDIT: And great build btw! Cant wait to see you finish and ride it.

1 Like

thx… I finishd enough of it tonight to ride 3 feet across my apt. floor. This thing is so smooth yet powerful. For the last year I’ve been riding an Evolve CGT. don’t get me wrong I love my GT but this thing is like sex on trucks and wheel…street style. :sunglasses:

If I power off my remote while the board is powered…it goes into full throttle. When i turn the remote back on it goes back to normal. Is that a setting or something can’t find anything on this.

Thx again I checked and one of my pulleys was closer to the motor plate than the other one… by quite a bit. I corrected it…

1 Like

You have the mini remote right?
Paging @b264

1 Like

Read through this about setting the failsafe.

3 Likes

yes…

oh so TB makes these…I thought so. I shoud read more. I love this remote connects super duper fast. Love the trigger travel. and with the ability to set failsafe position I love it even more. I’ll read the how-to. hey thx bruh

2 Likes

it’s a really tight fit with this enclosure, how tight should it be. I have padding on the battery where i need it but it’s a really tight fit. is that ok? I screwed up the enclosure mounting… good thing is, I learned an important lesson. After some research I think i screwed up with my motor plate selection as well… Any suggestions on motor plates anyone? I took it for a ride tonight. :drooling_face: I’ll play with the throttle curves for sure. there’s so much I want to change after the first 10 mins of riding it.

2 Likes

Congrats man, what beautiful build

1 Like

thx my very first…i screwed up a lot but i also learned a lot more.

I’m in the same boat rn dude, first build in the works also but the end is in sight! Tools and gear has been way more than the my build is worth but the hands-on knowledge is fucking priceless.

1 Like

Now I have an inanimate object I’m unreasonably attached to

same here. up late every night working on this thing.

1 Like

2 Likes

can you use an old Evolve fast charger on a non Evolve battery. Or are they all the same outside of amps. I totally ruined this enclosure . It works… waiting on an enclosure for the 44 deck.

1 Like

Do not use the evolve charger on your battery.
The evolve charger is 42V (10S) and you need 50.4V (12S)
Best case scenario it doesn’t charge your battery , worse case you damage something.

3 Likes

No I have not used it yet…oh yeah that’s right i have 12s now…another noob mistake. thx bruh!!

Use different chargers for different voltages, I use XT60 for my 12s 8a and XT30 for my 10s 2a so I can never mistake them

1 Like

5 Likes