First build done 200A SPIM08HP cells Sadly Converted to 2WD 2x 60A/FOCBOX (the good one) Maytech 6374 Haggy DT ABEC wheelz

please tell me what the worse thing about it is, from first glance. pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

oops

Battery is a zig zag stack, in a shoebox, pack with some foam. Then this is on board that is secured with wire and a bungee to the deck.

I made thast BMS charger board with the switch. works good.

29 Likes

That they dont like 200amp. On my gokart with these in a 2p setup, I’ve got 10v of voltage sag when I pull 180a. So dont expect miracles

10 Likes

I had one weird disconnection on my first real ride with my VX1. Kinda like @Jinra discribed with his I sloweed down to a stop then had no throttle. Reboot remote and go. I blame my sketch wiring but I digress.

2 Likes

I very much would like to get this BKB bluetooth adapter so I can see whats up.
should also switch to CAN

I purchased the VESC tool for my phone earlier.

Wow! :heart_eyes: Great part selection! 4WD on foamies, 200A cells, and this is your first build?!?!?! This is starting to smell like a contender for build of the year to me! :smiley: Bookmarked!

Edit: nvm, the pictures finally loaded

30 Likes

I left all my fucks at home when I made this in my neighbors wood shop. days

8 Likes

HA savage :rofl:

14 Likes

haha yeah I think the funny thing is I would be very hard press to find many other boards as powerful as this. Plus a lot of them have heavy high capacity li-ion packs, some have Lipo yeah. My point is I think the power to weight on this is something special for sure.

I’m starting off a bit large.

It throws you off HARD
need to lower brake current from 100A down to like 50A

3 Likes

mood.

2 Likes

I think if I threw some 90mm wheels on there I could pull something big. My plan is to try to have someone pull me on my freebord using an AWD setup like this.

had to tone it down a lot, also figured out I had celebrated my remote settings while not on the max speed mode. So I got them all recalibrated and lower power with less braking and a slight -15% curve on fwd and rev.

I decided to cut the thumb off my glove, so I’m hoping for a better experience tomorrow. Oh and got velcro glued to the remote.

1 Like

Bruh, I’m glad I gave you that armor :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Oh. My. Lord.

It’s so… well yeah! cool! Don’t ride in the rain, wear a helmet.

The parts are good though dang

2 Likes

That’s how every build should start!
Love it!

5 Likes

I’m gonna say, actually, this is much better than my first build :rofl:

4 Likes

IT IS VERY FAST

caps

4 Likes

how do you have those cells configured/how many? I’ve been curious about how these stack up agains most other li-ions

1 Like

Oh I forgot that info. I’ll edit in my post’s from 200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells Where I documented making it.

To answer your question I accidentally made a 13S but it’s a 12S now. Make sure you count your cells not follow the balance leads/wiring diagram. That can be confusing.

They stack up for sure, but the energy density is bad. I am going to test out how it does with a charge and ride system, which is what I think it’s strong suit is.

1 Like

RIP

shorted phase leads (who’d a thunk it)

Is it unwise to attempt a DRV repair on my first time using a hot air gun?
seems like a bad idea.

2 Likes

Where did they short?

1 Like