Finding the Right Front Truck Replacement for a Raptor 2.1

Hi all,

as the title reads,

Looking for feedback on A decent replacement front truck for the Raptor 2.1.

Forged or Precison Prefered, The Current Truck lasted a while but eventully bit the dust!

Only key points for me is retaining high stablity at speed, But generally cruisng around at 25 KPH mostly flat surfaces the occasonal roal deformites and sharp turns almost exclusivly at intersections.

Was riding mostly stock setup but flipped the 90mm stock for some ABEC 11 74a flywheels which dramaticlly reduced the vibrations and gave a more comforting ride.

Any feedback appreciated or links to sites with decent choice selection

How strong do you really need that truck? And what hangar width do you want?

Off the bat some good trucks you can get forged are Kahuas and for precision the BN184

Well… the current truck snaped. :wink: so will need a replacement, downside is i dont see as much choice when looking for 180mm on the axel as it seems most setups are going for a more narrow axel/hangar width

2 Likes

180mm hangar is pretty common…? Caliber, Paris, SurfRodz, Haggy, BN…all are in about 180mm hangar/10" total length

That’s true, So a buddy of mine locally recommend Ronin Trucks which unfrotuantly here are sold out. to be honest i was just surpised to find a lack of content of people who tried other trucks on a Raptor. Seeing as the Rear CNC Truck is… well not as flexable overall ive noticed that it’s rather easy to pop one of the Hubs off the ground when making a sharp turn.

Generally was running a stiff rear and a mid/loose front. but there’s so many options to try :wink:

Ask @RipTideSports for bushing help when you choose a truck

1 Like

E: Woops I thought u meant a 1:1 replacement.

I think @Boardnamics 180mm precision trucks would be a good option :+1:

We are converting raptors one at a time. lol jk

8 Likes

Hahah! That killed me.

Ive picked up a few trucks to play around see if i can find one that feels right, went for a Bear grizzly 845, and 2 seismic G5’s as i was curious to how the spring concept works in practice.

Will see how all 3 do in the next few hours, see if that helps me rule out what wont work on a Raptor Deck :D…

Finding some Elusive Adjustable Baseplates might just be the key

Does it have to be precision?

1 Like

Those look good, been also looking for Ronin trucks 180mm, Finding them VERY hard to find

1 Like

Randal RKPs are awesome and made in America.

How would You say randal holds vs ronin if the price is Not a factor.

Ronin has not made a 180mm hanger for a couple years now, so good luck with that.

Comparing them is a little difficult as ronin uses a queen pin which changes the handling quite a bit, they are an awesome truck. As for toughness or longevity, I can’t say as I’ve only rode ronin never owned, but I have bent every cast truck I ever owned. Put a nice u shape in a Paris clone in an afternoon once, don’t ever use those those.

What you bought should work for you, if you want a precision replacement I think Surf-Rodz or an @Boardnamics 184 might be a good choice.

Good luck,

P.s. I think we would all like to see a picture of your broken enertion junk.

2 Likes

Had a chance to try some Cast Iorn 2013 Ronin Trucks, they are perfect! however the ones i tried were not for sale, and finding them anwyhere seems impossible. Does anyone know where i could find these

In the End I got a Ronin Precision Pro-Lite - and a cast basteplate… now upgraded to precision so from 42.5 to 45 degrees

and since they are narrow, got some 90mm boa’s for that 60cm contact patch
Which means, they are aligned now! :smiley:

Now i feel i have more control than i would with anything else :smiley:

Side note i also orderd some 2013 casts’s but they havent arrived yet - indeed they were hard to find.

Next stop is Ronin OEM bushings, got the Ice tea’s need the Fruitpunch/lemondae

1 Like