Extra wide decks

How are you pressing your decks? Is the vacuum pressure not enough clamping force by itself? Beautiful decks btw!

1 Like

Iā€™m keen to see what you come up with.

1 Like

EDIT: just donā€™t get batteries :joy: from him.

3 Likes

The decks from West Coast Standards look pretty wide. I follow them on Instagram. Wodering if I can buy only a deck and enclosure?

1 Like

I used a band saw, a jig saw should work also.

2 Likes

The bag is more than enough but if you are doing a 9ply+ layup you may need to make multi presses.

IE 9ply deck do half the stack of veneers lets say 4.
Let that cure, then press the other 5 to that cured 4.
This will get you a great bond and better shape.

Now if your mold is flat with no curves like some longboards, you can just
slap all 9 plys into the bag. This really depends how complex
your shape is and how thick you are making your deck.

3 Likes

He talks about a PayPal link there but do you know how much it costs?

1 Like

You sourcing veneers from those guys, or found a wholesale option yet?

Iā€™ve seen a couple places that will require a call so havenā€™t gotten around to it yet, but all these DIY board suppliers pricing seems pretty high to me.

Edit: Wow NM just checked their ā€œbulk pricingā€, literally almost half price on the veneer kits if you buy 2 or more.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to build a deck from the ground upā€¦ This is going to be interesting.

2 Likes

Bahahaha :joy::eyes:. Ohh no clue @370HSSV tell us how much :doughnut:

1 Like

Lol. Let me check. I have no idea.

2 Likes

I know I should have contacted the guy to ask but I am not set on buying anything. It is still good to know the price tho.

If you go to the link posted. You donā€™t buy it right away. Shows details for the product I think.

1 Like

That actually makes lots of sense Iā€™m dumb thanks dude.

1 Like

What type of trucks would you need to run on the Khymera deck?

1 Like

Deck has 35 degrees front. 20 degrees rear. Ideally channel trucks or low angle rkps Iā€™d say.

@davidbonde recently made a 47" inch (119,2 cms) long dropped racing monster deck in his native Denmark :denmark:.

Deckā€™s wheelbase is 42" inch (106 cms); is 11,2" inch (29,5cms) wide; and has a 28" inch (72cms) long platform.

https://instagram.com/rtt_ridethatthing?igshid=ouju7ztzb3r

3 Likes

:point_up_2: It also comes with a nice radial concove and a huge enclosure big enough to acommodate. 12s10p battery!

1 Like