Evolve GTR moist expert

Love this.

3 Likes

I already managed to break 2 motors, 1 battery and 1 ESC on the Evolve Carbon GTR simply going uphill offroad. It happens very easily if you try to push uphill on offroad terrain, e.g. grass.

3 Likes

I think your break your bms not battery itself. I know that evolve components are calculated on the normal use. You don’t have that much extra room for extra powerfull situations . If you ask many from your boards for a longer time they calculated it you can easy burn things.

It’s possible that it was the BMS and not the battery, I don’t know actually. However, internal components of the Evolve stuff seem not to be too robust, as you already mentioned too.

1 Like

I know. I have guys who run 10s8p on their evolve and have now some overheating on kart tracks. Just because that are the moments you ask very much from boards. And due the high capacity and no sagg. You can always ride in GT and overheating is much easier then with the sagging battery on the GT/GTX.

2 Likes

Yes I know how to search. Which is what I did when I redid my Carbon GT. Thanks though for your suggestion

Just asking the question for the GTR series. Will probably be swapping the bms out as well. I don’t see a reason to really but another battery from evolve if I can just spend the money on better cells.

2 Likes

I honestly know jack shit about evolve and the different models :man_shrugging:
havn’t seen you around so gave you the default answer, sorry if I came across like a douche (which isn’t far off from the truth)

3 Likes

No biggie man I do the same on the other forums I frequent haha. Newbies am I rite? :rofl:

2 Likes

If ya need BMS too, you might have to end up getting the pack from Evolve. The BMS is part of the flex PCB on the new GTR, the cells are samsung 35E which can be replaced. They don’t cell the BMS/PCB by itself most of the time, especially not with something fairly new, I doubt there is many salvage options on the market either.

Yeah once I get my board back I’m checking to see if they cracked it opened then see what’s salvagable or useable. Board was in running order just wasn’t charging to full and was occasionally turning off from 20%. I haven’t experienced it but I’ve been loaning my board out to locals on rides and for testing.

Take some pictures of the internals and post it here when you get it. Evolve loves to jump at water damage. I sent them a pic of a blown up fet on a board from southern california in the summer and they said water damage…

2 Likes

Second that.

1 Like

I guess they took it apart and put another warranty sticker on it even though the battery was said to be not warrantable?

1 Like

Hmmm maybe time to hit up @longhairedboy for a pack build

Has he actually rebuilt any of the new GTR packs? Do you have a volt meter, I wonder what is wrong with that pack

I have not problems with my 8P GTX. But I start to notice a decreasing in capacity in both my GTX and my GTR. Both with 35E cells, both 10 month old. I have about 30-40% less range. Ok it is 10-20 degrees colder now than in summer, but I have the feeling that the 35E life cycle is not really good. Do you have some experiences?

1 Like

This BMS has water damage

Can your title be “Water damage expert”. :joy:

2 Likes

Changed lol…everyone loves the word moist right? Haha

2 Likes

Is salt water corrosion.

1 Like