Evolve 38T wheel pulley for Kegel

I need to get a pair of the Evolve 38T gear drives for Kegel core wheels. New or used, evolve or diy that works. Anyone?

3 Likes

Wow, did Evolve discontinue the kegel pulleys?

1 Like

Welcome! Bumped to member like on BForum.

Now let’s get the man some pulleys.

5 Likes

I can get one new seeing if i can find another

2 Likes

I can get 2 new ones for you and ship them from Australia where are you located

4 Likes

We need to take a moment before any kind of help is offered to appreciate the name of this new recruit.

Chip Austin.

That is awesome. Like an upgraded 6 million dollar man. Showing my age.

They are not listed on the site anymore. Strange move. What trucks are you using?

1 Like

Haha, sorry guys for going dark. For some reasons I am not getting notifications for this thread. Maybe new member status, I must be the last OG to move over from the old forum where I was also @caustin.

Anyway, Evolve still carries the kegel pulleys, just not 38T. I did see them in the AU website, appreciate the offer to mail them to me here in NYC. I used to be able to talk them into shipping to me if it was not offered on US website but not easy anymore lol.

2 Likes

Yes you are showing OUR age on that one. O grew up with many Steve Auston Bionic Man comments, and the ubiquitous bionic sound effect lol.

Anyway, this is for TB 110 wheels on an evolve gtr.

1 Like

I bumped your level to match the old forum, so it shouldn’t be that.

2 Likes

You either need 10mm bearing pulleys or tb bolt ons with no bearing. 38 will give you some crazy top end with 110’s. I have just upgraded my evo to the big wheels and run it on 44. 15/44 to be precise on 12s and its plenty quick enough. I presume you’re running 10s? Still going to be in the 36 plus range at full voltage

1 Like

Yeah, I have the TB bolt ons but no pulleys to bolt them on. Was running them on Evo 4WD TD Hubs 75kv on 12s but bent the axles lol

Trying them on new GTR while I replace the TB hub axels with SS ones

1 Like

Wow thats some heavy damage. I just get a bit leary about running dkp trucks over 30mph especially coming from an evo. They really take some getting used to but guys do it and love them. Hows that gtr holding up? Hearing good things.

1 Like

Yeah, I got the gtr on a lark. Had not even ridden DKP since Evolve World Cup last year with a CGT.

Peeps love to hate on Evolve, and they certainly have their shortcomings but I have been pleasantly surprised with the GTR. It’s a 30 mile board with no battery sag (and I weigh 195 lbs lol) and no remote connectivity issues. Still waiting on the app which allows custom mode settings for throttle curve.

Top end is bad, but a known quantity so I bought it for a travel board with the added travel battery option. It carves very nice and deck flex is nice on my feet for NYC roads. Adjusted the pulleys for better torque so works well for a 25mph max cruiser.

3 Likes

I very nearly pulled the trigger on one a couple of weeks ago but held off to see what you guinea pigs found out first lol. Had a cgt couple of years ago and loved it. Never had an issue but then didn’t really know enough back then to compare. My wife is slowly coming round to the idea that if she wants to spend more time with me then she will have to start riding. Be perfect for her.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe find one to try ride. I let another hardcore DIY guy here cruise around on mine and he went straight home and ordered one on the spot lol.

1 Like

I live an hours drive from headquarters. May pop down there and do a test ride.

1 Like

I am riding GTR on 38T with Abec 107mm right now, but also tried the new 6” 150mm evolve pneumatics on 47T and that was not bad. Waiting for 60T and 47T pulleys for my Bergmeisters from @moon to try that in GTR!!

2 Likes

I’m in the middle of a berg build with avio gears. 16/60. Think its going to leave me wanting in terms of top end but will try. Will see.

3 Likes