[EU] WTB Cheap, small enclosure

@rusins what battery are planning to use for this build?

10s2p or 12s1p P42a pack depending on the enclosure. Leaning towards 10s2p so that I don’t kill my cheap V4 vesc and have some extra range. Although I guess if the motor is only max 20A, my average current draw per cell will be less than 10A, so maybe a different cell choice would be wiser :thinking:

7S2P could be pretty smart if you can gear it in :wink: (And 20 cells don’t fit)

I’d rather not go below 10s so that I can reuse the BMSes and chargers I have. I don’t see how 7s in particular is any smart :thinking:

Well any other voltage. People are pretty fixated on 10S/12S but if you only have space for 16 cells 8s2P is better than 12S1P
Plus, 6-8S BMSs are extremely readily available and cheap, same with chargers

1 Like

Ahhh, UPS have done it again and lost my second enclosure from eskating! I purchased the first enclosure back in July which they lost in the post and now the replacement has been lost too. How can they be soooo incompetent?! At work UPS have also lost two extremely expensive instruments on their return journey after being sent out for calibration :rage:

I am thinking about cancelling my order and buying a different enclosure. If anyone has anymore suggestions I’d appreciate the advice. The enclosure would need to house a double stacked 10s2p meepo battery and vesc (min dimensions 21.5 x 10.5 x 4.5cm)

I am half tempted to get this one off of Amazon and use a thick gasket to increase the height

At this point I’d be happy with a Tupperware tub if could find one with the correct dimensions. I am not too fussed on aesthetics and it worked quite well with my ardor deck which has a thinner flipsky vesc. However on the omakase the esk8.de vesc is much wider

2 Likes

When I get back home I can check what I have. There’s possibly something that could work for you.

1 Like

I’ve got these two knocking around, the left one is a mostly-unharmed Electric Board Solutions (I think ABS?) that’s about 39x14x3cm with 8 mounting holes. The one on the right is an Eskating EU one that’s been fairly gouged and around 24x16x4cm, shown with an Eskating 10S2P 30Q Bestech BMS pack.

The EBS one I got for I think €4 in their clearance sale so I’m happy to send that on for the cost of shipping, not sure the Eskating one is worth the time

1 Like

The eboardsolutions one doesn’t fit unfortunately (slightly too long), but that eskating one would I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Laying on the zenit marble 38 for fitment.

1 Like

Thanks! Was wondering when you’d get home :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Even though it technically fits, it looks like I’d get enclosure-bite :frowning: Thanks anyway!

I’ll buy @mr.shiteside’s eskating enclosure then. Thread can stay up though for others who want to buy/sell enclosures :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The enclosure looks great, but I think its too shallow for the double stacked meepo battery. Thanks for taking the time to photograph it for us, and if/when I upgrade the battery in the future I’ll definitely give you a shout.

@rusins did you manage to find a battery for this build?

I will probably ask @Simeon to make me a P42A 10s1p or something. The enclosure fits perfectly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The enclosure looks great. I ended up getting a crappy second hand one off of Facebook as my eskating delivery kept getting lost in transit.

Now that the UK is no longer in the EU, I am pretty limited in where I can buy a battery. I think apex are the only UK battery builders but they seam to be more geared towards MTB so I have been looking at the likes of meepo, own boards, wowgo, backfire, Verrealboards, maxfind, teamgee batteries.

Ask @Anubis to build you a battery; he’s making one for a friend of mine who’s in the UK.

I didn’t realise Ben made batteries. Thanks.

@BigBen is this enclosure still available?

Yep, pretty sure I still have it.

1 Like