[EU-USA-worldwide] 200x75 phatty tires, Q-128 (MBS T2), QD-326 (Metroboard 8") and QD-322 group buy (it's happening!)

this group buy is for 200x75mm phatty tires like Kaly.NYC uses + MBS T2 + Metroboard 8"

more about phatties:

same factory, same profile.

Confirmed fit on MBS rockstar II hubs and fivestars. I guess they should fit most, if not all hubs for up to 8 inch tires.

thanks @PixelatedPolyeurthan for finding those! :wink:

UPDATE!!!

good news is that I got better prices than before and we can mix 3 different tires to reach 500 MOQ

here are original prices from factory:

shipping price to port in Rijeka, Croatia, is 165$, divided by 500 tires = 0.33$ for each tire.

bad news is that I will have to pay tax + customs (25% + 7%) for whole order, shipping price is taxed too

inner tube is included with every tire, you can get extra inner tube for 1$ + 32% = 1.32$ - I will probably add another poll for extra inner tubes when we reach 500 MOQ

please, check new polls and vote only if you are 100% sure you want to order
@T-Nomad @Grozniy @pjotr47 @Redeye @Excess @Thrasher @rafale30PL @EreTroN @moon @Dmaxx @Agressivstreetlamp @kevingraehl @magharees @BigBadLoser @ProfoundMagician @Brently @TarzanHBK @sk8l8r @Aeolan @PixelatedPolyeurthan @HarryForks @Prens

1. Phatty 200x75 price for a set (4 tires): 4*(4.2+0.33)*1.32 = 23.92$ + shipping from me to you inside EU (shipping price is around 10-20 euro)

I want:

• 1 set (4 tires)
  • 2 sets (8 tires)
  • 3 sets (12 tires)
  • any other number of tires not mentioned here (PM me)

0 voters

1. Q-128 (9" MBS T2 tire - confirmed they are the same tires) price for a set (4 tires): 4*(4.5+0.33)*1.32 = 25.51$ + shipping from me to you inside EU (shipping price is around 10-20 euro)

I want:

• 1 set (4 tires)
  • 2 sets (8 tires)
  • 3 sets (12 tires)

0 voters

IMG-20200526-WA0002

1. QD-326 (Metroboard 8" tires) price for a set (4 tires): 4*(3.9+0.33)*1.32 = 22.34$ + shipping from me to you inside EU (shipping price is around 10-20 euro)

I want:

• 1 set (4 tires)
  • 2 sets (8 tires)
  • 3 sets (12 tires)

0 voters

1. QD-322 (hard compound, fits usual rims for 8 inch tires) price for a set (4 tires): 4*(4.35+0.33)*1.32 = 24.72$ + shipping from me to you inside EU (shipping price is around 10-20 euro)

I want:

• 1 set (4 tires)
  • 2 sets (8 tires)
  • 3 sets (12 tires)

0 voters

FURTHER NOTICE: I will ask for payment in 2 steps: first you pay for a set of tires (or what ever number you want). I will try to get as good as possible shipping price (from me to you) from my local shipping broker and I will ask that price as a step 2 - which will be just before tires arrive in Croatia.

Also, you never know with my customs - I might have to pay more than 32% of whole order price, but I could also pay less. I will add or subtract that difference (if there will be any) from shipping price in step 2.

You will have to wait for your tires 45-90 days - my estimate.

I can ship worldwide!

13 Likes

The fit is a little weird on fivestars apparently

6 Likes

Wouldn’t the hubs need spacers for these to work?

1 Like

they should work without spacer but they will stick out of hubs on sides. they won’t work with every pulley/motor mount on market.
I should probably add disclaimer that purchase of those tires is fitting gamble.

1 Like

@mackann will these fit on the new Thorium AT hubs?

1 Like

No problem Tin. I wanted these because they are similar to the 6x2 tires; They are literally indestructible and rarely puncture. and they make a beautiful wide tire.

knowing that fivestar hubs are so cheap as well it’s a bit of a no brainer and a lot of spacers exist for trampa superstars and such. the only other way to get a nice tire like this is @MoeStooge mod for racers: a spacer with metroboard 155 wheels, but all that is a pain if you live in europe. at 8’’ these are like the perfect track tire with their grip and 8’’ is just right for torque and speed. You can’t buy these tires in europ either which sucks given how cheap they are.

maybe some other vendors would be interested?
@mackann @Anubis @EboardSolutions and others i can’t think of right now.

actually i was going to tag trampa but these tires are very cancerous

Pic credit too @RyEnd

8 Likes

Do these fit on bergs hubs

No they don’t. Bergs are too small.

4 Likes

whats the weight per tire without tubes? I am keeping my trampa under 11 kilos total. no compromises.

1 Like

Dont know, never tested

2 Likes

In for a set. I see some other cool tyres on picture 2. Maybe they have also some other ones that we can included in the groupbuy? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

480g

3 Likes

They will check all their tires with 180-250 diameter and 50-75 width and let me know tomorrow. :grin:

5 Likes

Wonder if they have Metroboard 155x50mms

4 Likes

Do you know if your hubs have similar dimensions to the 5 star hubs? I’d really love to test these tires out on the new Thorium once I get it.

I guess if I got the tires and they didn’t work, someone else here in the EU might be down to buy them and I’d hopefully only lose the amount spent on shipping.

2 Likes

@pjotr47

IMG-20200526-WA0002 IMG-20200526-WA0004 IMG-20200526-WA0006

First option seems interesting :thinking: we could get few sets with 100 phatties.

6 Likes

Cool options! I´m in.
Also the first one looks interesting too!

2 Likes

they look almost exactly as mbs T2 tires:

I’ll confirm that soon!

6 Likes

@tinp123 any update here? I’m salivating at some cheap wide boi’s

edit - in the recent 6396 group buy we had batches shipped to a member to distribute from the EU and one in the US. Cut down on overall cost, I’d be willing to be the US guy for these if it would save the group money.

further edit - if we extend this to Kaly FB and Lacroix FB groups I bet this blows up big time.

6 Likes

@Brently I am still trying to find cheaper shipping options. Also, they are crying about 500pcs MOQ and full production line until July. I am still thinkering what to do and trying to persuade them to do mixed batch, under 200pcs, different profiles, because I don’t have enough money to just buy 500 tires and wait for them 4-5 months :sweat_smile: I will keep this topic updated when I get concrete numbers for everything. Btw they have Metroboard 150x50 and 200x50 tires but they won’t produce 150x50 anymore, so I was thinking about some Metroboard 200x50 too, if I can get lower MOQ.

6 Likes