ESK8 Sport LED Strip Controller Compatible with VESC/FSESC/Focbox

Activities on the last day of National Day
I bought this ESK8 Sport LED Strip Controller Compatible with VESC/FSESC/Focbox for 18 Awesome Color Modes | MAXKGO NELF Sports Series

Bot post?

3 Likes

An interesting product, I am attracted by it and plan to DIY it into my electric skateboard. :thinking:

how-do-you-do-fellow-kids-steve-buscemi

13 Likes

While this post is clearly just marketing, this is quite the nice product for DIY integrated brake lights. Just hook it up to your regular lights instead of LED trips. Or is there any other product that lets you to that?

6 Likes

Clearly marketing but welcome nonetheless. Here’s one I’ve been using for years for half the price and without the hassle of protecting from shorts

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07G77YD9L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_W5E3Q24TW9DM95E54XD1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: less than half, I’m canadian

4 Likes

The LED controller in OPs post has VESC input (TX/RX) the option you posted looks like its own beasts unrelated to braking etc.

I’ve designed something similiar to work with the exact same led strip (WS2821B) but once I came to the coding part I got bored.

5 Likes

Does vesc firmware allow this? Or is this a gadget with no current use?

Also, could just link to the ttl

I’m removing the flag on this post. For some reason we have a tendancy here to treat ALL incoming product posts as spam unless they come from our friends. That’s bullshit. This product is clearly related to esk8 via VESC connectivity, somebody might want to use it, and until somebody tries it and finds out its absolute garbage we should give it a fair shot.

9 Likes

It basically just polls for specific traffic on the Tx/Rx, when the break command appears → take action.

The ESP32 module is somewhere around 3-5 bucks, and abit overkill for this application (Guessing its used cause of the I2S support, which is needed to support the datarate for the adressable LEDs)

Sure, some work went into coding this, but 42 bucks seems abit steep. its almost a 1000% markup hardware wise unless I’m missing something.

Edit: Ok theres an app too. I’d grab it for 20 buckaroos…maybe

3 Likes

it seems like it’s functionality is fairly basic too. I’d like to only make specific LEDs red when braking, specific lights only white and the rest rainbow barf. I know the hardware is capable of this but their app isn’t. For $40 i’d except to at least have this functionality…

I’ve no idea what thier app does. But it looks like this thing spawned from thier other product:

which is more reasonably priced. But it dsn’t talk to the VESC :smiley: guess thats 20 bucks extra

1 Like

Not really answering your question.
I look forward to its arrival and carefully study its functions.
I first realized it from this video: ESK8 LED Strip Controller,DIY Electric Skateboard RGB Strip Light,How to Install LED Strips on ESK8? - YouTube

1 Like

ESP32, my game console is also this module.
I am an electric skateboard enthusiast, and I will love the accessories that can decorate it, regardless of the price.
In this regard, I also made a website with my friends to summarize everything about electric skateboards, but it is still very new.

Pardon?

HAHAHAHA

This is suspicious as fuck

I’m not sure if I should be offended or laughing

1 Like

Funny how there’s now a post on reddit about it. Not sus at all.

Edit: as expected, the whole profile is full of advertisements.

1 Like