ESK8 Singapore Track Day

On Tuesday, we held a short event at a Go Kart track, where we had free reign of the track to ride around.

Here’s what went down!

This is a first time experience for majority of us, and also we’re pretty much fish outta water as most of us are casual riders.

There’s a total of three groups, and each were given an hour each. 45 mins would be free riding, and the last 15 mins are for a race of the group.

Group 1, we were told to go easy, so hence the snail pace. But then, the rider on the Arc Penny had a big brain move and kicked pushed at the start and left all of us in the dust. Full video here
Courtesy of @Grievor, he’s the one on the Lacroix Jaws

Ok, Group 2!
I was on this race, and was beside @BillGordon. I’m all decked out in black, and riding my Hash Evo.

Race 3!
I was not on this one, but there were a few fast one’s here.

And also, a full FPV shot of the whole event.

And the winners for the first race.
1st : Alex
2nd : @Linny
3rd : @Grievor

Second race
1st : @BillGordon
2nd : @Linny
3rd : Aizat

We didn’t snap a pic for the 3rd race, but here are their names and boards
1st : Chun (Lacroix Prototipo stock)
2nd : Aizat (Evolve Carbon GT)
3rd : Bryant (Evolve Carbon Gen 2)

More pics and videos of the event

So yea, this event is a first of it’s kind around here, and gave everyone a good insight on their board’s limits, as well as rider skill. After tonight, i am hooked onto kart racing, and who knows, you might see me build a race board.

Also, would like to shoutout our main man Bill, which is a fine example of how it’s not about how beast your board is, but how good your riding skills are. He won with his Exway X1 Pro on hubs.

Suck it!

28 Likes

so kewl seeing you kidz racin’ in sing-sing…

and congratz to wild @billgordon!!!

12 Likes

My respect for Bill has increased to more than I knew was even possible. Congratz! :smiley:
He smoked you guys on an exway!!! Is he Racer X?

9 Likes

oh @BillGordon, now everyone on here has a fire in their loins for you. great racing babes

Also, great job to everyone who participated! Looks like you guys had a blast, and i look forward to reading the next recap

10 Likes

The guys at Arcboards put on a great event, and had prizes for the winners and everything. Total class undertaking. They were also nice enough not to post the pictures of my backside after I tore my alibaba harem pants all the way up the back before the race.

15 Likes

Yes, Bill tore his pants before the race. Brilliant strategy to bust out the full moon and left us all in the dust.

15 Likes

and @Linny you did awesome as well… you were first loser twice!! congratz!!!

7 Likes

He was on track the whole three hours. When I found out there was racing, I went out for 3-4 laps to get my lines, put the board on the fast charger, and sat my ass down.

8 Likes

I have to practice turning fast, something i’ve yet to master, perhaps my 6355s could use an upgrade… haha!

6 Likes

Get yourself an Exway.

8 Likes

THANK YOU! Finally someone gets it.

6 Likes

This post was sponsored by Exway.

Born For Freedom.

PS: Joking…Congrats @BillGordon ! Was nice meeting you in person!

6 Likes

Great work all around racers. Good to see some track riding. It’s been so long…

2 Likes

Super Stoked to see you guys track racing. :checkered_flag:
No mater what you like to ride it gives you a good perspective of what both the board and rider limitations are in a safe repeatable environment.
It drives people to figure out what works and glean techniques from each other. This is what should be happening everywhere. Looks like @BillGordon has the bar set. No doubt someone will step up and put him to test. Hope to see your group doing this again soon. Great Job :checkered_flag:
Congrats on the “W” Bill.

11 Likes

Appreciate the kind words Moe! I have gotten hooked on this genre of esk8 and would love to learn more about how to improve setups for track maneuvering. So having seasoned folks like you around is a pleasure :smile:

4 Likes

yaya @BillGordon ! congrtzzz!

4 Likes

Thanks for the catch @Sn4Pz

IS BILL WHITE OR NOT??

4 Likes

He’s more of a grey, at his age and all :).

4 Likes

That was quite good, you bearded bastard.

2 Likes

Hmmm, Ive heard that twice today. :slight_smile:

1 Like