ESCapes shitting the bed? Could be a motor problem. In progress

Thank you very much. I’ll do it tonight and report back. Was just looking at the log and noticing that one vesc was way hotter than the other. 70 vs 96C when this went down.

@JohnnyMeduse or anyone else that’s smarter than me. Re-ran detection and motor amps has definitely changed on the vesc/motor that was faulting.

9 days ago

Today

Switch your motors and see if the problem switches sides or stays on the same side.

3 Likes

Already on it Sensei.

2 Likes

Ok. Even more confused. Swapped sides and Motor Current is back to normal but whatever Motor L is on the Can Vesc is way higher.

Sorry for the ignorant posts, I’m trying to learn. I swear. Lol.

Sorry to keep bumping this thread with replying to myself. Went ahead and re-ran detection again and values changed slightly. However, one side motor did not spin at all. Just a loud bang and then some quieter bangs. It does not spin when selecting direction. Tried again with the same results.

Bad motor?

Looks like bad motor

Does it pass the hand test?

1 Like

Rad. I’ll do this in a bit. I’ll have to make a jumper since I’m using mr60s and waiting for a delivery of more.

Wifey just handed me this to tackle first.
Removed cake and ice cream.

2 Likes

Fat kid checking back in.

@b264 the motor behaves as you would expect during the hand test. I’ll read up on the link within your post to learn a little more.

To be continued

1 Like

Intermittent faults suck.
I have 2 motors that work great 99% of the time.
The 1% they decide not to, they blow up vescs.
I would get new motors to be honest

2 Likes

Just went through every ride I’ve had since swapping to the ESCapes. I log every ride and for the first 50 miles the two esc’s ran 2 degrees C apart. When I was in Ohio and got the Unbalanced Current for the first time they began to run at a difference of 5-6 degrees on flat ground. The difference climbs on hills under throttle as much as 25 degrees difference.

Obviously could still be a motor, but just sharing what I’ve learned from looking at the

OMG I would put those in the trash can

2 Likes

Leaning this way too. I have a set of motors for my daughter here that I could try. I need my amazon mr60s to be delivered to give them a try. Also have a set of 190 6374s that will be here Friday.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?
I will sell them as mint condition.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to take them apart, fuck them up more, and then reassemble before selling, only after insisting they’re fixed :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I will sell them as 99% perfect condition.
That is an accurate description don’t you think?

4 Likes

Damn you two ^^

I thought someone might be giving me good info on the update. No Serious, so carry on I guess. Lol.

Okay gentlemen. @Skyart @b264 @JohnnyMeduse

MR60’s were delivered. Got a second set of motors hooked up. Don’t tell my girl! They’re hers.

Don’t judge the set up…just temporary.

Detection was a lot quieter, quicker, and the values are more in line with each other.

I have some other motors that should be delivered Friday. Should I assume it was a motor that was shitting the bed?

1 Like

Probbaly yeah the motor. But we will know after you take these out and hopefully everything is ok!

2 Likes

I think I’m going to wait for the 190kV 6374’s to be delivered before I ride it. These are Haggy 6364’s and seems like a waste of time to swap everything around for one ride tomorrow. My girls board will be here tomorrow and she’s going to want to get it set up to push around while we wait for the battery stork. Also a little hesitant to put the dual flipsky in her board so kind of looking for something else to pop up in the meantime.

I suppose I’ll just sit here and stare/worry about it until Friday. Two days without a ride might kill me. Good thing got on the mtn bike today.

1 Like