Esc cutting acceration

Hi, I have just bought a cheap Chinese mountain board second hand for £200. I have quite a few ‘nice’ boards so wanted something cheap to not care bout so much /getting wet, dirty. For the price I paid I’m actually pretty impressed.

The issue I’m having is the esc cuts power somtimes. The remote is still connected for braking but no acceleration. Come back after a couple of seconds. I’ve tried 3 remotes and all the same. It’s just one of the cheap Chinese dual ecs like diyeboard.

I know the obvious answer is to put a vesc in but that would defeat the point of this board.

Any advice where to start to fix it would be really appreciated.

Maybe the battery sagging and the esc cutting off to prevent the battery from getting damaged?

2 Likes

THIS.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like that’s happening. As it happens randomly. Then not during acceleration up hill. From what I can see on the remote the battery isn’t sagging either.

1 Like

If it ain’t the battery, the ESC is faulty. Maybe a broken contact which looses connection or something. If it isn’t potted, maybe take a look at it and look for burnt spots. I’ve had the capacitors spark on me on these cheap boards too, so check that too.

1 Like

I have had this with an old battery just 10s2p which seemed Ok and was full charged. While acceleration there came in the cut offs. Try another battery after you had an eye on your esc for @Linesflag said.
Same I had on a water damaged esc, dooood.

Thanks everyone, I’ll do some more investigation and report back.

1 Like