Eovans new geardrive

Seems like eovan has a geardrive coming out for their new board. Looks like the superbeast gear drives. Taking the meepo approach if you know what i mean lol. hopfuly it is better then their ESC lol. Here are some pics.

3 Likes

Hmm, interesting. Wondering if they’re doing 3 gears in order to clear most hangars in terms of street drives.

2 Likes

That would make sense.

1 Like

Not a huge Eovan fan but always happy to see more new stuff coming out. Gear drives for street wheels are cool with me. Looks Abec-compatible which is nice, and if I had to guess there is probably a Kegel adapter available (or there will be in the future). Can’t attest to the build quality but hopefully it’s decent.

I’m not an eovan fanboy by any means, their latest model was sub par at best but damn I’m interested to see how this one pans out. They fixed a lot of the biggest issues with the previous generation GTS CS such as (shitty, saggy, Panasonic 12s4p battery ditched in favor of 12s5p p42A, shitty proprietary ESC and remote ditched for hobbywing) I really do hope to see eovan do well as I believe they have the capacity to create some awesome boards. I think this is the next step towards that.

2 Likes

The whole hub/sleeve thing really isn’t sitting well with me. If this drive prevents the use of classic wheels I think it’ll be a total flop.

It will be disappoint if they make idle and drive gear from plastic.

Also not fan:) Just this is a future of stree boards to have geardrive. Next steps will be additional functions of geardrive ,and boards it self, will see at first on eu brands or diy Iam suppose.

looks like Abec pulley shape

1 Like

I was about to say the same thing. Looks simpler and more elegant IMHO.

1 Like

unless you can swap it out it will only work with eovan wheels.

1 Like

How do you figure? It looks like a normal abec adapter that is going into the Eovan wheel, unless they did some fuckery and modified the abec pattern on it to make it proprietary.

2 Likes

Pretty sure its proprietary with eovan wheels

2 Likes