Enertion nanox charge port broke

So i suck at soldering small points and lost the piece during the ride… in theory could i splice the battery cables and connect a jst? That way i can just plug it into the balance charger right?

Don’t use your regular balance charger, you would probably have to buy something like this

I have an imax b6. Why would that not work

1 Like

I saw Dr. mike using one of these balance chargers with the jst’s. Only reasoning really

3 Likes

I spliced the battery cables and attached a usb cable to it. It works, but I keep a veeeery close eye on it while it charges.

1 Like

You can and probably should inline a TP4056 module. Typically usb in, 4.2v cc/cv out.

3 Likes

probably really thick question but how do you wire

1 Like

I was addressing andro, and it’s not ideal, but safer than what he’s doing already.

But basically you add a wire to the 2 wires on the lipo, and charge the lipo through those wires. I think andro attaches a usb charger (5v) right to the lipos directly, and unplugs before voltage goes > 4.2v.

TP4056 is a 1s lithium ion charging chip, but it’s become synonymous with these small pcbs that have a usb port for 5v in. If you put this between the usb charger and the lipo, it’ll be a lot safer.

Better would be to have the TP4056 inside the case if there’s room, and bring the usb port or a dc jack outside somehow. This is basically what’s on the pcb already.

Still better is to attach a new charge port (usb or dc jack) to the pcb somehow.

Yeah this was a temporary fix and I acknowledge the stupidity of it. I was gonna get a new one under warranty from enertion, but this was cancelled because they where out if stock…? However when shopping anonymous they are still for sale :speak_no_evil:

Edit: my order history was not deleted, I was wrong

Btw thank you very much @deucesdown

1 Like

Haha. My soldering finesse also lacking, have gone heavy duty. :joy:

7 Likes

What in the world… is that your charge port?

1 Like

Ya shouldn’t have’a done that to him, he just a boy.

Haha it’s a backup option only and hopefully won’t get used (I hope).

TLDR
My tale of nano-x woe:

Noob and didnt know how shit they were
Bought two on sale
One for friend who then bailed on it , at least I had a spare
Broke charge port on one after 2 uses
Complained to Enertion and got replacement
Bought magnetic USB socket for working remote
Charged ok, thought all was good
Snapped on off button on that off when wearing gloves one morning (somehow?)
Still have a backup remote (the replacement one)
But also now have one with broken charge port (which they didn’t ask me to return)
And have one with broken on off switch
Attempted resoldering the broken charge port but yeah (got no skillzzz)
Soldered wires to an Xt90 and screwed it to the case
It now charges and fits hand ok as backup
Who knows how long till the remaining (third) one fucks out
As soon as I have suitable funds, will be buying a good remote and chucking all of these pieces of junk

Nano-x ghettofix contest!

8 Likes

Can you take a picture of the inside of that

1 Like

Where are the positive and negative cables from the charge port soldered to?

At the same place where those of the battery are connected

K thanks