Enertion - A Eulogy

Good article Ben, some comments.

While it did come to an end it might be worth mentioning that not the planned end. The tail end of the tour was cancelled and no one was told. People were turning up for planned meetups just to find no enertion presence. Noice.

We’ve subsequently figured out what the issue was, I’ve circled it for you here.

27 Likes

Never heard this, but par for the course.

5 Likes

Thanks for the article. Sad times.

Noooo “winning” remote

9 Likes

Good catch.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the comments and support. With an article this detailed I was bound to make a few mistakes.

It’s also been pointed out to me by @jamie that I made an error in stating that the vendor bashing policy came to be as a result of disputes with Jason.

I’ll have access to my computer later tonight where I’ll update the article. The goal was always to make this as accurate as possible and that’s entirely what I plan to do. In the meantime, I believe @BillGordon and @jamie are making a few corrections here and there as well. Team work makes the dream work!

(Apparently several people received the wasp whistle so I’ll update that too)

11 Likes

Meh, it’s already a good article, a few little points don’t matter.

Did you link to the poll in there at all? I didn’t check all the links.

5 Likes

No, I didn’t link to the poll. My links citing evidence for the “Enertion is dead” opinion were mostly taken from the Unity thread but I can add a link to that too since it’s about as quantitative as it gets.

1 Like

I had at one point about a dozen of those whistles that got promptly thrown away.

Did I trash these collectables?

4 Likes

Does that mean support for existing UNITY owners is gone too?
Is there anyone who will continue working on firmware?

1 Like

@Deodand built the unity and has made progress with @Trampa and Ben Vedder to continue support for it through the official vesc app.

This is highly commendable as he simply doesn’t need to, it’s not his burden to carry really.

11 Likes

Ok I’ll ask it. What the fudge is the whistle for?

2 Likes

You blew on it when your board arrived to announce to your neighbors that Enertion was raping you.

26 Likes

And then the whistle broke, right?

5 Likes

Neat, bless Deo!
What about hardware side?
Is it lost or Trampa will buy the design?

1 Like

Good article. I still to this day think the downfall of Enertion falls on the hub motors. They spent so much time trying to fix those things, I always felt he would have been more successful had he just stuck to belt drives. He already had the design together with the Raptor 1, he just needed to clean it up a bit with a better battery and design.

9 Likes

Many people, Jeff included I’d be willing to bet, will agree that the hardware is largely obsolete now unfortunately/fortunately. There’s so many good esc’s on the near horizon, exciting times.

6 Likes

agreed…

5 Likes

Still riding my Raptor 1 on a different deck since 2016. Just recently upgraded to an R2 battery but apart from that never had any issues. It was just a great package which worked just well together. No Evolve or Boosted motor will last that long.

6 Likes

I was off the esk8 world for a while, what other new dual ESCs we’ve got?

1 Like

It was their only complete that was good…

5 Likes