eMTB | The Flat-Earth Mobile | 12S/12Ah - 532Wh LiPo | MBS Warren 97 | MBS Matrix II | Dual E-TOXX Chain Drive | SAITE 150kV 63100 | Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 Plus

The motor size determines how many Amps you can push through. Pretty much the only limitation is preventing overheating on the motor or battery (assuming your VESC can handle the current as well) but that can easily happen if you push way to much current through a small motor.

To get output in amps you multiply the C number by the total battery capacity. So if you keep C number the same and change the amp hour size of the battery you change the continuous current rating. So these large size batteries with smaller C ratings still have massive current ratings.

3 Likes

so i’d do 12c*12Ah to get the 144…ohhhh ok.

1 Like

ok i usually set motor to 60 but i only plan on using 2 of these for now. how do you have all 4 of these hooked up?

I have two batteries strapped together with tape wired in series that I use. Then I hotswap out the first two lipos when they are low because I couldn’t fit 4 in the enclosure at once. I just carry the other two in a backpack while i ride. Nothing is stopping you from hooking two in series then hooking those two in parallel to get 24Ah and 12s voltage though, you just need a pretty sizeable enclosure.

2 Likes

got it…i was thinking of that. thx

I have two of the 8Ah 15C Turnigy Graphenes. I run them at 110A battery. That is pretty decent for my one motor setup. But I wouldn’t expect them to last very long. It is just a good starting point, afterwards one can upgrade to a li-ion pack.

So I made a few major upgrades this week. I had a two wipeouts that started damaging the plastic on back of the junction box so I switched out the rear box containing the FSESC for an actual aluminum housing that matches the aluminum mounts. I then added a Metr Pro I got for metrics/monitoring, and also switched out the front tires so all four tires are sitting at 9 inches now.

Got it up and running and it seems to be working great after rewiring everything. Hopefully it stays that way. Rear definitely looks cleaner now (aside from my awful silicon attempt at waterproofing the wiring inlets :joy: :joy: :joy:) and should be much more resilient and able to dissipate heat better as well.

4 Likes

Hey brother. How are those saite 63100s running? Have you had any issues with them!? I’m debating whether I should battle harden The ones I picked up or nah lol

I haven’t had any issues but I wish I would have battle hardened mine just for the peace of mind.

1 Like

I hear ya brother. I think ima just do the cans on mine

1 Like

If you do end up doing it you should document it and let me know how it goes :joy::joy:

1 Like

Lmao. I never document anything lol. It’s easy. You can watch a tutorial on YouTube. Pretty nice

1 Like

Another build update guys. I switched out my top battery enclosure so I can now have all 4 turnigy 12000mAh lipos all mounted at once. I use an Altelix 12x10x6 fiberglass NEMA junction box for the enclosure. I plastidipped it then gloss finished it as well as mated foam over the inside to get a snug fit to the batteries and prevent them from jostling and getting damaged. I also added a grip handle at the front that I printed as well as some LEDs off amazon.

Its crazy just how big this enclosure is:

1065 Wh of lipo. Range is enourmous right now.

Grip Handle:

3 Likes