eMTB Bindings - what's available?

All info is good info, this is all new to me to me so I’m trying not to screw it up :grin:. I appreciate it.

What you guys can say about Trampa bindings? I was thinking is getting the velcro ones

Mbs f5s are hands down the best around. I have yet to see a review favoring the trampas.

2 Likes

Shameless plug :stuck_out_tongue: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mbs-bindings-first-impression-for-those-who-really-want-to-be-one-with-their-board/71900

3 Likes

You should copy that post over here.

3 Likes

Shameless plug v2 MBS Bindings first impression.. for those who really want to be one with their board

3 Likes

excellent :slight_smile:

YOBIS v2
@Saturn_Corp gets along great on the yobis bindings from @dani. I would have ridden them more, but I already had 2-3 set of freebord bindings.
-community sourced
-meaty
-potentially slick under hook. Fixes with grip tape

MBS f4
-kinda stiff
-material started flaking around bends.
-could slip out of
-nylon L braces.

MBS f5
-good Contour to top of foot
-probably don’t belong on Hummie deck
-better riders than I love them. I traded them away for batteries

Trampa bindings
-does the job
-kinda thin and may not grip if u ride loose w/o heel.
-light
-ratchet strap doesn’t get caught up in binding padding as with my f5s were prone to.

freebord bindings
-l put on everything.
-hated by deckoz
-needed by s5300
-interferes with toe side turns when racing
-can wear a hole in your ankle if u ride hard. I wear long socks and flip them down to add padding.
-leather insert on hook works great.
-PR guy was a dick once on Instagram.

image image image

8 Likes

Any reason why no one hasn’t ever taken their snowboard bindings to an Esk8? I’m tempted to transplant a pair off my snowboard just to say I did.

2 Likes

There are some guys using them

I was playing with this idea as well.
Especially the bindings where you just step into and you locked. No ratchet needed.
Downside, works only with special snowboard boots.

4 Likes

@MoeStooge mentioned something like this. I think it’s a recipe for ACL/LCL (knee) destruction.

On the other hand, all my bad falls (snowboarding included) featured shoulder pain as the worst/longest lasting injury.

2 Likes

There is always the risk to twist your knees if you strapped into bindings. Doesn’t matter which kind of bindings, doesn’t matter if it’s an esk8 or a snowboard.
@MoeStooge is a racer, I as well wouldn’t want to be strapped on a 16+kg board riding 70+km/h.
But off-road is a different story.
Average speed is maybe 20km/h, on a short acceleration maybe 50-55km/h. Bindings are there to manage the terrain and in my eyes more than needed if you take that serious.

I second the shoulder pain when crashing. I already had some crashed and I either landed on my ass while going slow or on my shoulder.
One of the reasons I never go for an off-road trip without body armor. It does not prevent from shoulder pain, but saved me non the less not only once.

2 Likes

How do you route the wires with the YOBIS? I was thinking in printing them to save money initially but couldn’t think in a way to route the battery wires, apart from routing a channel on the deck

1 Like

I’ve never had to mess with wires over bindings.

-Trampa came pre-trampa’d
-evolve Frankenstein has a top deck well for electronics
-haya has top deck well

I think @Saturn_Corp had them go along the heel side of deck, underneath. Obvi not ideal if your trying to do deck slides in the park.

2 Likes

All true. I Wish bailing in emtb was an option. It’s either stick it or eat it.

At least snow ‘can’ be forgiving. Maybe I just need to man up :man_shrugging:

@Venom121212 thoughts? That Colorado dirt bike track fucked me up with a hematoma that lasted forever.

Yeah yeah, hillbilly hip pads :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yah I have it routed along the heelside edge. Going to move it to toeside tight to the deck so I don’t catch it if I bail. Also going to add some grip tape to my bindings, perhaps that will make rotating while jumping a bit easier for those tight corners.

1 Like

Yeah I definitely upgraded my protective gear along with my bindings. Still need some hip pads.

For me it was having to learn to crash and carry my board with me. I took some nasty spills while bound where I didn’t protect the board in the crash and it twisted ligaments in odd ways.

I pretty much always try and land like a turtle now:

1. Stop momentum
  2. Roll to my back with my legs lifted (board in the air) and head tucked
  3. Assess damage to board first, self second.
3 Likes

There used to be these style bindings for the mbs boards like comp 16 that were constructed like snowboards

6 Likes

Is it possible to use the MBS F5 bindings on a Trampa board with the pre-drilled holes and/or together with the Trampa L-brackets?

3 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes