Elofty drive, worth the fix?

Alright, have been running these drives for some time, after gentle up the curb one motor stoped working, after inspection I have found one phase wire cut. Couldn’t find the exact reason for it to happen. So I re did all the phase wires and noticed something:

The black axle part in the stator have moved!
Alright, so I took Everything apart, used this loctite to re glue the axle:

Reassemble everything back together, one of the motors had a hard detection time but it did worked. Step on the board for the first time and it doesn’t go.

Took Everything apart again to see that the stator moved a lot on the axle, and pushed it enough to short the windings on the kegel adapter bolts.

So in order to make them work again, I guess I need to rewind the stator, seems like a fun corona project, and re glue the axle. But the loctite used is already very strong so I’m not exactly sure how to make it so it wouldn’t move again. Any ideas? Glue recommendations? Or I could just buy a new single motor, but would be willing to save a bit with diy.

2 Likes

Are the phase windings cut all the way through in any spots? I can see they are ground down a good bit, which is not ideal. But in theory they would still work, just with a much higher resistance in that one spot on the windings.

Possibly high enough that it would be a hot spot if you push a lot of amps to it. And that could possibly get hot enough to fuse out the winding.

Im talking myself out of it now :joy:

Original formula JB Weld. And also find out what is pushing on the stator hard enough to move it on the axle, because that’s the root of your problem.

2 Likes