Nov 11-13, 2022
Austin, TX

9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd
Austin, TX 78617

Hours:
Fri 11/11: Industry Day 9am-4pm
Sat 11/12: 10am-5pm
Sun 11/13: 10am-5pm

Decent expo but doesn’t look like they have much in the way of ESK8. Superbeast was there the last year when I went.

Looking like as far as other ESK8 vendors they have:

• Rent Eboards - Just a rental place, rentals for:
    • Various Onewheels
    • Backfire Zealot S
    • Meepo Mini 2
    • Evolve Carbon GTR
  • Evolve
  • BKB
  • Hoyt St./Metroboard @hoytskate are you guys gonna be at the Austin one?
4 Likes

GO!! They had it in Cali a little bit ago and I wish I made it, people that went said it was awesome

4 Likes

I think I’m gonna see if I can stop by at some point this weekend, I’ll keep you guys posted on how it looks!

5 Likes

Alright, so I was able to stop by Sunday and things there were obviously more car/ebike focused (very ebike focused) but there actually was a vendor or 2 that had esk8 and onewheel stuff.

The guys from Superbeast were awesome, shout out to Jason! I got to test ride their gear drive board and it was pretty sweet. All their stuff is CNC’ed in house, trucks, mounts, and a 3 gear drive. The thing I liked the most was their hubs, $300 for 6" all aluminum hubs with kegel mounting and you can pick your colorway. They said they were generally targeting an entry race board or something breaking into more high end stuff. Said top speed that they have gone on theirs is about 44mph. Lots of comparisons to Evolve, but that’s probably just because a decent amount of people know about them. Specific specs of the board are in the pics.

Pics (Pink board is mine, not theirs):

Here are some pics of the test track for skateboards, onewheel, and scooters;

Ebike test track, sorry for the bad pics on this one:

Ebike showcase:

Side note the dudes at Vvolt are super chill, bikes seem like pretty good commuters too.

Car expo:

Misc other pics:

I didn’t spend a whole lot of time there but I’m glad I went! Had never heard of Superbeast and it looks like they make some pretty good hardware, although it seems a bit pricey. Have any of you guys heard of them before this?

One thing is that we def should try to get more esk8 rep at some of these places. I would love to see one of these expos that actually had a decent section for esk8 and maybe even a race, because honestly it feels like we are kinda just an afterthought at the moment.

If anyone has any other questions I can try to answer!

13 Likes

Superbeast is @Janux-esk8 new company!

13 Likes

Dope gear. Glad Janux is back making esk8 gear. Pun intended ha!

3 Likes

Great photos! If I didn’t have plans this weekend, I definitely swung over from Houston.
Everything COTA holds is great.

1 Like

yo anyone seeing this?
these the new loaded wheels?

6 Likes

SOMEONE SQUEEZE THEM!!!

5 Likes

I thought the mounts looked like something I had seen before, I was just looking at my janux mounts yesterday!

Does that look like 22x22 to you?
@ducktaperules @Lee_Wright

2 Likes

Awesome thread @DeadLightning :call_me_hand:
I’m really excited for super beast a little expensive for my taste but @Janux-esk8 makes metal parts look beautiful :star_struck:
I tried to get him on here but :man_shrugging:
Maybe in time :pray:

2 Likes

I also tried to do some convincing haha, was really surprised that he wasn’t active here already.

1 Like

3gear drive too.

1 Like

ee8317ef47016cc6055481f87da9b4f132e32590_2_666x500
Ya didn’t @moon have some ideas on those :thinking:
And @Janux-esk8 is definitely a surfrodz fan look at the hanger/ baseplate :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’re right there. Titanium axles too I think?

1 Like

Lol same, my first thought was, how the heck did they get their hands on them

1 Like

I think they developed them with loaded would be my guess

2 Likes

We all know Marc @Janux-esk8
But I’m curious to know the background on this Jason dude I hope the best for this company love everything so far other than the name
But that deck and truck set up is sweet :sunglasses:
I’m also curious on the gear drives :star_struck:

That was the end of September :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

That car is dope, got to sit in the actual version and it’s awesome :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been following them from the beginning Eugene Oregon in the houze

And @DeadLightning if you Live in the Houston area or around there you should meet up with @skate420 shes the OSSR robogotchi Freesk8 app queen :wink:

5 Likes