Electrical help needed for esk8 parts based ebike

So a quick introduction,
I have been riding and building esk8’s for a few years. But I wanted to build something different this time. So I looked around I thought why not build a ebike. Me being from the Netherlands that fits in perfectly with the stereotype :wink: .

Untill now I have been running a esc supplied by the manufacturer which I bought the kit from. But here in the Netherlands the speed limit for e bikes is 25kph and the maximum motor wattage is 250W. I find that boring, so I opted for a bigger motor which I would use with a bigger vesc. With the reason that I can add things easier, and I am already familiar with the VESC firmware. Also a reason I wanted to use the vesc ecosystem is because you can easily limit speeds and wattage so if the police wants to test my ebike I can just cap it at 25 kph and 250W.
The current issue I am having is getting the wiring for everything right. I know the wiring for the batteries, hall senors, sensor wires but when I want to wire up my throttle (adc) and Metr Pro I run into issues. I dont have a very thorough understanding of how the metr pro works. What I do know is which ports it needs to be connected to and what those ports do. The thing I don’t know is how you are supposed to connect the metr pro (uart) and a ebike throttle (ADC). I tried to make a little paint drawing with I think needs to be done. Hope you could check if its correct. But I am not quite sure.

My thought process is the following: The metr reads the vesc and has the ability to write things to the VESC that’s why it needs the extra connections to the wires for ADC1 and 5V compared to a HM10 module. Since the e bike throttle also needs the ADC1 I need to connect these 2 wires in parallel. Like shown in the drawing. As for setting in the VESC I need to select UART and ADC. Then it should be good to go. Please correct me on this if I am wrong :slight_smile:.

Sorry didn’t categorize the topic. Updated that.