Ecomobl Warning M53 (DO NOT BUY)

Hi Guys,

Some time ago I bought a m5(3) board (for science)
I had a bit of trust in this brand after my experience with the M24X (4WD planetary gear AT)

So i bought it, and it rode ok. Kinda sketchy because of the lingyi ESC, but it worked.
2 of my friends also bought 1 (mainly because of the 1 week shipping).

Then the shit show started.

The boards of my friends were lacking power in acceleration and braking compared to my M5.
I contacted the seller and then they started sending me lingy escs.
They send me 1, this esc was also fucked.
So they send me 2, also both fucked.
Then they decided to send me “hobbywing escs”
I was happy with this decision as hobbywing has a lot better rep in my book.
Before the escs could arrive I found out my deck had started cracking (i had already built a new batt pack and changed to vesc)
The cracks were around the truck bolts, very dangerous. Wont ride it anymore.

After calling my friends I found out their wood is cracking too. So these decks must be made out of the shittiest wood they could find. (Luckily i was able to replace my deck with a Red Ember 44". Thanks @jamie!!!)

So the escs arrived. They are not hobbywing… Its a new kind of potted lingyi esc ( the one meepo is using now)
I did not install them on any deck yet because of the wood cracks.

The enclosure and motors are nice, that’s it.
Im probably screwing the chance of them still sending me stuff with this thread but I don’t want anyone else to get scammed.

Stay safe!

15 Likes

Sorry about that
Was wondering when it would begin
Ecomobl has been praised a lot recently, but it looked too good to be true.

2 Likes

Well if anyone has questions I know their M5 and M24 inside and out.

5 Likes

What’s your opinion about the M24x?

1 Like

Full disclosure: I am not only an Ecomobl buyer but also a brand ambassador. I was troubled to read this so I did some digging on my own with my contacts. What follows is the truth told to me from someone who has shown integrity on QC issues before so I believe him.

First and foremost, the main Ecomobl site does not stock the M53 for good reason. Ecomobl does not stand behind that board officially as their own. The Spanish warehouse owner sought to go his own way for his market. He wanted 100mm. The motors are not built by Ecomobl and Ecomobl does not use them on the bowers they have on their primarily site. They are the source of the power issues. Not the ESCs. The Spanish warehouse owner is definitely in a bad state. It appears he is overextended and part of that likely was a result of him trying to make the M53 a winning board for himself and failing. If you check the dot com site you will not find it there. This is because Ecomobl refused to sell it as their own. Despite some similarities to the M5 in some other electrical components which have held up fine in many other boards, these two boards are not one in the same. The M53 is 100mm and those motors are not built by Ecomobl.

The deck for the M53 is its own issue. Ecomobl admitted that technically it is comprised of the same ultimate source as their decks and aren’t sure why it has these issues which are not observed in their line like this. It may have potentially been a bad batch that the Spanish Warehouse owner unfortunately ended up with.

This is also why Ecomobl is seeking to expand into North America. To be less reliant on the Spanish warehouse and it’s many decisions that they have not supported. The North American team is comprised of skaters and takes QC issues seriously. Recently sending an alert out recent shipments of ETs after 2 similar issues were observed in a build bundle made by the same technician who was terminated for his error. No other such incidents were observed in other deliveries or the stock in the warehouse.

In short, the Spanish warehouse owner went out on a limb to go his own way and the structure of the arrangement allowed him to do so. Ecomobl lives and learns from this and that’s in part why they are looking to control more of their own destiny by making the move more aggressively from component builder for others to actual brand.

3 Likes

FYI I have been offered Ambassadorship by Ian Lin too. I was going to accept but probably not now. What you are saying might be true. But I do want to say that the Spanish warehouse owner did try to improve the quality. He was also not a fan of the Chinese cells they use for the street boards and tried to change this. He tried to help me every step of way with all the different issues.
He is a skater himself and I don’t want to see him bashed in this thread. The chinese will say anything to protect themselves.

To say the motors are the source of the power issue, this is simply not true. I have used them on vescs and the performance is insane. If you are stating lingyi escs are “good” you must be out of your mind.

8 Likes

Dhelix you got everything wrong. The M53 is an upgraded version of the M5. Board that was even way worse than the M53. The Spanish warehouse owner advised several times to upgrade to Hobbywing in the street boards and to VESC in the Offroad boards. You can check on Facebook. a lot of people advised Ecomobl to upgrade the manufacturing.

As far as we can see, Ecomobl tried to lower the manufacturing costs at the expense of the customers. You can’t blame anyone a part of Ecomobl

4 Likes

Thank you @Esk8erboy . @Dhelix I know the ambassador program is not even a month old. So i guess you must be happy with this new title, but you are very misinformed

2 Likes

And the European site is down because of that for sure. Who will put his reputation on a company that ignores all the callouts… I think the guy from European warehouse is a victim of this company’s bad behaviors.

This is the truth. Selling has ended untill issues are fixed. While china keeps on selling

2 Likes

If he closed the website it mean that he will stop selling this shitboards. Good call…

From what i understand @Dhelix has just received a hat and tshirt from china and is now believing everything they tell him. He is saying he knows his shit but then i would expect him to already have an account here. And not make one just to protect the company he just closed a deal with.

2 Likes

Apart from questionable cells, a dangerously weak deck and a sketchy esc Ecomobl should first focus on their Quality control.
After opening the deck to replace the esc with a vesc I was greeted by this butchering of a solder job,
apart from the obviously fake xt-60 which I could live with, the joint was so weak that i could almost remove it completely by hand.

After heating up the top part of the cup for maybe 5 seconds the wire was already loose.

In the picture you can see the solder didn’t even flow al the way in the cup and there still is gold plating exposed.

Such a shame because the board had so much potential.

I like their no frills way of designing, and clean looking enclosure.
But if ecomobl doesn’t step up their Quality control I won’t be buying from them anytime soon.

5 Likes

Lol. I’m not in any way saying VESC is worse than Lingyi but the issue as it was explained to me was the Frankenstein’d approach from this individual to try and build a customized model he called the M53 and failing at it. In part by that Frankenstein approach. The fact of the matter is that the M53 isn’t for sale by Ecomobl directly. I can appreciate that you felt more badly for that specific warehouse owner because you dealt with him directly. It also sounds like you both have issues with Chinese people based on your comments. I’m only sharing what I’ve heard on this. The M53 board isn’t reflective of the entire line and isn’t sold by Ecomobl on their main site. The former was reflective of your original comment on the M24 which you admitted to enjoy more. The latter is obvious since the motors aren’t made by them and because the M53 isn’t sold on their main site at all.

The timing of all of this is suspect. Did the Spanish warehouse owner call in a favor to try and sink Ecomobl after a falling out? Seems possible perhaps.

The fact that you state this means you don’t know shit lol.
The motors/enclosure are the only decent things from the m53.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with wanting something custom, and even so it’s still no excuse for ecomobl to produce esk8’s that aren’t up to standard. Easy to blame someone else :man_shrugging:

2021 will be larger for this company. They take feedback seriously and having spoken to reps there they are going to be incorporating feedback into multiple changes for the 2021 line. New cells are being considered. Carbon fiber options being considered. New battery configs are being reviewed. ESCs are being reviewed not only for use but for average customer experience and troubleshooting requirements. Top battery boxes for the M24 are being investigated. New wheel options. There’s a lot to be excited about based on the ongoing discussions I’ve heard and the pictures on product development I’ve been able to see. All companies have growing pains during expansion but what you don’t see is that there are a lot of happy riders out there just enjoying their boards happily right now. Only the dissatisfied return to post about issues and those who do are in much lower percentages overall then those who are enjoying ownership.

The M53 was obviously a Frankenstein failure For this warehouse owner and is not for sale by Ecomobl.

1 Like

The M53 was in Ecomobl Shop one month ago… They discontinued because of the issues in Europe. But I saw the price list (wholesaler one) from one year ago and it appears an M5 with 100mm motors. Before European warehouse was even open.

1 Like

Lol plz then tell me what is the m5 except a m53 with smaller sleeves lol the motor is the same one.

2 Likes