E-Freeboard Freebord Open source Electric Caster

For the version with a suspension E-caster in the middle a single axle hub could be good for a single sided fork kinda idea.

this one looks nice, and 5.5in in an interesting near AT wheel size

This seems like the one I want

this one is too cute i had to post

interesting, this would really be perfect for this design and so compact it would fit under a freebord no problem

2 Likes

useful!
1 Like

(AMZN LINK OF SAME)
if I could find a model or a drawing for this 125mm/20mm stroke double air shock I would try to fit it in. Says infinitely adjustable so I could tune it to nearly nothing I guess

somewhere tf in there
Ah 100mm! 8mm throw tho
I think it is still likely that I could get away with some high end RC grade shocks but I am not looking at them too much yet, especially if I swapped the springs out then I could test some cheap ones first.

And this is all a distraction because regular old springs are an adequate solution for sure.

1 Like

I might be broke soon but have many a Efreeboards

I will bid up to $500 ish
hmm shit this is almost more related to Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2 at the moment but at some point I’ll have to move to a thread about both SBX and V2 upgrades, prob once I have both versions with prototypes produced.

1 Like

notice 7 and 8 hole
I think I will postpone this until I get a set of freshies as I need those to design the wide centers mod leiftech, but at $25 a set of wheels shipped that ain’t so bad. I would need to find a way to get a hub to attach a pulley but that should be possible.

2 Likes

I am finally ordering these bits:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SG84ZBL

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014GXM3UG

That with some 3d printed test parts let me make this

oh yeah need to grab the kfl08 pillow bearings but given they are 608 bearings I can just make the seat in the test arms I print.

Would be good to move away from those sooner rather than later, ok for an early version I guess.

You could probably print a TPU pneumatic actuating suspension system for this application

Beryllium copper maybe, and maybe silver tungsten.

1 Like

haha where were you before I figure that out myself a exactly 19 days ago lol

1 Like

I hadn’t gotten back to this thread for a while LOL

I was way back in May, and still haven’t read the whole thread yet

1 Like

not sure I posted this

3 Likes

This looks to be the cheapest way to get some of this stuff, and ships from 1 hour away from me.

They only have round but I bet it could be rolled into strip if need be.

I guess I wonder if round brush contacts are ok because they should be contacting at an angle and wearing away a rectangular surface larger than the diameter of the round material.

trying to figure out how to make slip ring, reverse engineer leif further

1 Like

2 Likes

I think this idea, combined with an electronic brake on the rotation of the E-Caster as well as self balancing on the center caster would be a usable combo. What I imagine is you would be riding it like a freeboard but then you could get going straight on the center wheels then engage the rotation brake, at the same time the suspension lifts you and self balancing engages. if you are sliding when you start the lift system it will ride like an EUC and if going straight it would ride like a OW. Dumb idea to go too fast when doing this obviously.

1 Like

oh yeah why the fuck have I not printed a pulley for the JMK ride wheel yet :thinking:

1 Like