duty cycle current limit Help

I’ve pumped it up to 91% safely (no motor oscillations) but am currently not willing to try further haha. Ride safe :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Has it been said if the issue is going to go away in future updates, or is it here to stay?

I believe it was fixed in 5.2

3 Likes

I’ve been told it’s been fixed but have no proof that it was and am not keen on testing it out at ~45 mph. Been on my list of things to try out but I’d feel better if someone reliable showed logs pulling over 90% duty cycle on 5.2 FW lol

3 Likes

Not sure this is what your looking for, but I have my limit start set at 90 on 5.2

3 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think that through well. You can still go over the set DCCLS value, it just starts limiting amps.

I never had a telemetry tracker when it was getting the wobblez so I don’t know what it would have looked like.

@Skyart you push the zooms and iirc you experienced the duty cycle current limit start issues yeah?

4 Likes

Yeah, last September, at about 45mph duty cycle took my fibula. I now set DCCLS to 85% on anything I touch. This setting doesn’t limit you duty cycle, just starts limiting current as you approach the top of your duty cycle. The bug with 5.1 was that it would automatically set your DCCLS to 100%…this mean when you would get to the top of your duty cycle, it would just cut out which ever channel/motor got there, hence wobbles

5 Likes

So basically the bug was that the default value was too high?

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes