Dual “super single” unity/zenith 12s or stormcore 100D on 18s?

Hey guys I’m building a mountain board and would like some suggestions before I pull the trigger on esc’s.

Haero bro deck
3dservisas new 1:4 finality gear drive and hubs
8” tires
63100 140KV motors
2 or 3 big 6S lipos

I’m trying to decide what esc to go with and I’m leaning towards the stormcore 100D running 18S but I recently came across the super single thread and am wondering if running 2 super single unity/zenith on 12S would be more powerful.

Any advice appreciated thanks.

5 Likes

What are your main design goals? Like about 2 or maybe 3 of:

performance? reliability? range? cost? upgradability? resale value? torque delivery? lightweight? top speed? water resistance? hipness? fun to build? flex to buddies? small size? fitting existing enclosure?

1 Like

Main goal is performance. I’m looking for crazy torque in the woods while still being able hit 40mph on the flats. Cost for the 100D is about the same for 2 unity’s

If you want a beast board do the 100d but I would also say go a smaller motor size to save on weight.

2 Likes

What size would you recommend?

Honestly? I think a 6374 is just fine but I mean i think some 6384’s would be fine

1 Like

Thanks for the advice the board is already going to be super heavy so I might just stick with the bigger motors to have more power. Is there a motor that’s actually rated for 18S? I know people are running them at high voltage but the data sheets only rate them up to 14S

1 Like

Sounds like you want four Stormcore 100D — one for each motor — each running 18S in Super Single mode :crazy_face:

And maybe four of the “MTI85165-200-HA-WP” 200KV motors

Let me know if you need software help for that

5 Likes

Honestly though a single Stormcore 100D and 18S and two 6380 class motors will give you tons of power. That above is only if you want to design around performance at the expense of everything else.

3 Likes

Oh man dont tempt me.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice

I’m not sure if anyone’s tested the super single FW over CAN when using 2 motors, so safer bet would be to go with the Stormcore 100D. Slap that bad boy onto a heat-sink and you should be good.

Might be worth also considering 4WD with smaller motors and the 2 xeniths. Likely to be more powerful, and better traction is a killer feature on a mountainboard.

6 Likes

This here smells like a dare.

5 Likes

@kevingraehl you should do it on your scooter :stuck_out_tongue:

4 wheel drive 2 Stormcores 16s8p would be interesting :thinking: more traction for big power 4 6384s battle hardened flipskys

2 Likes

CAN you do it?

1 Like

What about 14s9p awd 63100 :smirk:

It’s faaaaaaaaaakin great :penguin:

8 Likes

You’re a fucking legend

3 Likes

Some folks make certain engineering decisions just to maximise flex ability, like it’s a dick measuring contest :joy:

Not knocking it, but acknowledging it’s a thing helps keep folks grounded in reality.

5 Likes

Flexing to buddies usually involves small size

2 Likes